Brown Eyes?

laughingduck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I keep waiting for my kittens eyes to change colour as Ive heard that cats cant have brown eyes. I haven't seen any colour change in several weeks and they appear to me to have brown eyes. Mom has green/yellow eyes. Anyone else have a cat with brown eyes? Will they eventually change? They are 15 weeks old.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 15 weeks their eye color is not yet fully developed. Brown eyes at that age are normal. They will probably have gold, orange or copper eyes when they mature.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laughingduck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My childhood calico had brown eyes when she was young. They gradually turned copper as she got older.
Do you remember how long that took? Google said their eyes stop changing at 3 months but I guess not all cats follow that rule of thumb!

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was told that the eyes of BSHs change until they are a year old. My little guy is now almost 5 months old and his eye color changed very much in the past month (getting darker). Also, my moms big yellow moggie had eyes as yellow as his fur until he was a grown cat, but they became greener the older he got. So, far from me being an expert, but from my experience the color changes a lot even after their 3rd month. :)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are born with blue eyes in most cases and they turn to their true color as they age. It takes time. They will probably be a shade of amber or copper when fully developed.