Brown Classic Tabby

kagen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First off, my cat knowledge is limited. I've always been a dog lover, but I just recently fell in love with cats after rescuing 4 kittens.

I understand though, that my kitty, Marvin, is pretty much a "mutt" - or domestic 'whatever length hair Marvin has' cat... lol.

He was born to a feral cat in an old barn, but he sadly lost his mother at 2 weeks old, when I discovered him and his litter mates.

Also, he lost most all of his fur around 3 weeks old, and it may not be completely finished growing.

That said, several people (mainly my 'dog' friends, lol) have said Marvin reminds them of a Maine Coon.

I just wanted some opinions from you all, who know much more about cat breeds.

Do you think Marvin may be part Maine Coon? Or is it not that clear as we think?

It doesn't matter either way. Like I said, I get he's mixed (all my dogs are rescued mutts), but I just ask out of pure curiosity.
(below: this picture is from 2 weeks ago - he is darkening in color as his fur grows back in length.)

Thank you!

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Yes  I certainly do think he has a Maine Coon look to him and I would not be shocked if it were somehow found out he was part Maine Coon.    Do you know if there ARE any Maine Coons around you ?  Otherwise, I guess... a throwback to an earlier ancestor?      or it could be purely a chance resemblance due to having had ancestors who developed in a similar climate?

but   he is one of the more Maine Coon lookalikes of the random-bred cats I have seen here.   

He is just stunning.    I'd love to see him in full coat if he grows a thicker / longer coat.

How old is Marvin now?