Brother's Visit

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother Nigel Is up from London visiting so I thought you may like to hear about his cat life.
He is 52 and for the first 40 of those years he was allergic to cats. He took in his first cat that he rescued from a dump. He was working as a policeman in London at the time, walking the beat and he came across an obviously stray cat at Folkestone Council dump. He fell in love and despite the allergy took him home reasoning that he could keep him in his garage and keep his distance whilst caring for him. He chose the obvious name for him-Folkestone. Amazingly, after a few days of horrendous sneezing Nigel became slowly tolerant so after a short while Folkestone was promoted to the house. Nigel had three wonderfully happy years with him and Folkestone was treated royally, dining on the finest food. Nigel bought a posh bed for him but Folkestone preferred to sleep under the sink. Nigel was definitely a cat servant
When he had to be put to sleep after those three years the vet said he was probably around 20yrs old.
Nigel's had a few rescues since, all elderly and this little 18yr old cutie below is the latest addition to his existing two and she's called Tigger. He took her in a couple of years ago due to her owner passing away. Tigger is often mistaken for a kitten by visitors and I can see why. She doesn't get on with the other two so she has half of the house to herself and it seems to work very well for all concerned.

IMG_0002.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mightyboosh mightyboosh - You and your Brother Nigel appear to be cut from the same cloth - and fine, wholesome cloth it is, too.

Tigger's a beauty, and no mistake there. She reminds me of my sweet Katina, passed on now thirty years, but called to mind with a smile every single day. Thanks for sharing this with us, Phil - and three cheers for Nigel as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm seeing him on Thursday so I will pass on your kind comments. He's at a B+B in Howarth, Yorkshire which is the home of the Bronte sisters and a just a few miles from my place. It's a wonderful little spot and I'm looking forward to a nice meal with real ale. There's an old fashioned sweet shop there so I'll be stocking up.

8692829362_54da63a204_z.jpg
130122763.jpg