Broth

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat will eat her food if it has broth added. Extra flavoring. Picky Cat! Is there a brand that just has broth? No meat or vegetables?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My cat will eat her food if it has broth added. Extra flavoring. Picky Cat! Is there a brand that just has broth? No meat or vegetables?
Sheba has one that is pretty light on the meat. You can also buy boxed bone broth at the pet store. I know some natural stores around me sell store made bone broth with limited ingredients, but I would bet most have onion. You could make your own homemade bone broth and freeze it in ice cube trays. Then you can just let one warm up everyday to mix in. Cheaper and totally in your control for what goes in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheba has one that is pretty light on the meat. You can also buy boxed bone broth at the pet store. I know some natural stores around me sell store made bone broth with limited ingredients, but I would bet most have onion. You could make your own homemade bone broth and freeze it in ice cube trays. Then you can just let one warm up everyday to mix in. Cheaper and totally in your control for what goes in.
Ya, probably make it though I will check stores.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only give our cats homemade broth made with just muscle meat, no bone. I don't know if there's any reason to be concerned about the phosphorous and calcium in bone broth but that's a balance I just don't want to upset!

Our cats even like lightly flavored "chicken water" that comes from poaching chicken pieces for stuff like noodle dishes -- this one is really good and simple, too!