Bronze muscular Cheetah ? Any idea what breed he is?

csegura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This lovely kitty was a rescue kitty. He is 7 years old and had extremely aggressive behaviour
At the animal shelter I worked at. The thought of him being aggressive blows my mind because he is the most vocal and affectionate cat I've ever seen. He would attack anyone except for me for some odd reason. So thus I decided to adopt him. He is a really big muscular cat, I feel like I'm looking at a cheetah. He jumps incredibly high and is fast. He chirps a lot and purrs like an engine. At the same time although athletic he has a poise of elegance to him. Very royal in his posture. He has a medium sized coat, silky in texture . With a layer of coat underneath his smoky ticked fur that appears to be a different colour. One long black line appears on his back all the way to his tail, he tends to rattle his tail at times. He also has two large flaps of hanging skin/ pockets near his belly/ hind legs.

Any idea what his breed could be?
Because I've never seen a tabby like this before.

Thank you for your comments and help!

Last edited by a moderator:

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful, beautiful cat! He is so handsome!

He reminds me a lot of our orphan cat that we got. Honestly, I am pretty determined that our cat is part bengal because of how long his back legs are and how aggressive he can be. He also has a black stripe down his back, a ticked coat with white markings.

Here he is, Nym. We got him from a woman at the pet store who was buying supplies for her orphan kittens. For this reason, we don't know what his mother looked like, why he was orphaned, and if he was a stray or not. We took him because she did not want to have to raise the whole litter. I think he was only one of two with white markings, the rest were just tabbies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous!

Purebred Bengals aren't supposed to have white markings. Of course there's no telling what happened a few generations back. I don't recognize any purebred features in him.

It's nice you were able to get him out of the shelter---many cats get put down because they become aggressive in the stressful shelter environment.

The vast majority of cats are domestics. They come in all colors, sizes, and personalities, so you just never know!

Last edited:

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I meant to say part bengal. I hear a lot of the irresponsible breeders will release bengals that don't match the coloration they want and these will breed with feral cats.

However, I think I mostly notice the size difference in him because all are other cats are so tiny.

babydolljerzgrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My son has a Maine Coon Cat. They make those funny chirping noises. I don't know if they have short haired Maine Coons or not. But the chirping noises are definately a part of the breed. I read it in an article about them.

You cat is beautiful. He didn't get aggressive with you because he had already chosen you for his owner, lol[emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited by a moderator:

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Maine Coons! I think Maine Coons are officially a separate breed from American Longhairs (a long-haired version of the American Shorthair) because of the difference in behavior and shape. However, in the past, I believe they were the same thing, as both were bred from natural, feral cats of America, just one from the short-hairs and the other fro the long-hairs.