Broken Mackerel? Spotted?

JamesMeyer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

Meet Matilda aka Tilly. We adopted her last weekend and I am trying to figure out her coat pattern. She is a shorthair DSH. She is tabby but I can't define her coat. It's very light on the underside and she has spots on her belly and body. Another striking feature is her very narrow/pointed face.

Any help?
Thanks!

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Broken mackerel, I think. On one of the photos it may be interpreted as spotted, but there is too much clear mackerel, so my opinion is broken mackerel after all.

Very sweet young cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesMeyer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Broken mackerel, I think. On one of the photos it may be interpreted as spotted, but there is too much clear mackerel, so my opinion is broken mackerel after all.

Very sweet young cat!

Thanks Stefan!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ StefanZ , it's a broken mackerel pattern. The spot aren't random enough to be considered a spotted pattern. Spots on the belly are common in almost all tabby patterns. (Exception: not all ticked tabbies have spotted bellies).

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a cutie beauty! I would say broken mackerel too, but it looks like there is no spine maybe so maybe spotted, I always get confused by that.