Broken Hip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to update IMOM. They have moved their forum area to another web page..... I have the link somewhere..

Also,..........FRIDAY the 15th, we are moving and that's when I will be offline for a bit...

We have it done~~........don't have pics yet but the finishing touches are being done on the cat enclosure now. We made the first room and each corner is a ready made scratching post. I love it!!! and I think they will too.

And I'll tell ya something. My husband is a talker and today I was watching satellite tv while he was laying carpet and when "We finished".....he left to go back home. I stayed for another hr or so and then headed to the house and low and behold, he was just down the road visiting with our new neighbors who are about our age.....50ish...

They have seen a cougar...... in our woods. 100 lbs or so.

So I am so glad we have that cat enclosure and our fenced yard...... so darn glad......

It will be the thing that saves my kitties life!!! They would be dead ducks without it.... I shudder when I think of a darn cougar chasing my babies. They would not have a chance. Even if they went up a tree.

But anyway........friday is move day!! I am so excited....

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with the move Jenn, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. I love seeing updates on this thread, JJ's antics always make me smile

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the move, I do hope everything goes well, and it wont take you that long to get back online, we will all miss your updates.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It won't take long. .........We will be saving so much money with our move, that it should be only a month. And it is possible, it could be less time that that. The first check we receive will be used to put stuff around the house to insulate the pipes for winter and to winterize a couple other things. Then we'll do internet. I have been organzing our harddrive so we can play games and stuff while we wait...

This is the first time we have ever used satellite for anything. It's kinda cool. I spend part of yesterday [while working] checking out the satellite tv. We have much better reception with the satelite service than with the currect cable company that we use now.

When we got the tv satellite installed, I was not there. They gave us two remotes to use and we could not figure out how to use them. We coulnd't change the channels. So I got to looking at them yesteday trying to figure them out and the problem with them was batteries. It had only two batteries in it!!. We have tried to figure this out for two weeks. Husband had used a couple of them and forgot to tell me.

It was so nice yesterday to sit and change the channels.

It is 4:45am right here and I am fixing to get with it.......Got lots of packing to do today..... I hate packing. However, this house will be easy to pack. We knew we weren't staying here permanently so we nev3er unpacked everything. But there is still a lot to do.......

The cats are nervous with me packing. They suspect something is going on. They can tell. In fact they can tell more than the dogs. The dogs suspect nothing...

I can't wait to move them!! They are going to be the last load. I will take them in groups. It will probably take three trips. When we moved up here, I did the animals in two trips....\\

Got to get to work.......
Jenn

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
husband is finishing the cat enclosure today....... tomorrow I am finishing packing. Friday and Saturday we are moving the furniture. We already have all the boxed stuff moved. All we have in this house except for furniture is animals, work clothes and a few bathroom items.... plus two plates, two bowls, two forks, two spoons and one pan.

Can't wait to be organized again.........

Everyone says hello........ I am keeping Mama, Socks, Dovey and Turtle in the house now. They like to roam and I don't want to have to call them and look for them. So right now, everyone is in the house.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did Cow get spayed?

When you come back to us, you will have lots of stories to tell.

Lots of calming moving vibes coming to you and your fur tribe.

Hooray....the move is almost done.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cow is spade!! Felix is spade...!! Have an appointment wednesday for two more. This is being sent from my night job so this will be a quick one.

JJ is doing wonderful. Even though he was scared at the old house, he loves his enclosure. In a couple weeks, we will have internet so I will be able to send some pictures. Dont' have long but HELLO everyone.

JJ and Jimmy and Yellow love the enclosure. Feral Jimmy runs in and out it like he has had a kitty door his entire life. JJ is nearly too fat to fit through it but he manages. yellow loves it as well.

I got to go but just wanted to say all is well and all are happy!!!

Jenn and the gang

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So good to see you back JEnn, I am so glad that everyone is doing well, and cant wait to hear all the updates when your internet is back up.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You & your gang have been on my mind Jenn.
It is great to hear that all is going well.

Hooray...Cow got spayed.

Come back soon...
you are missed.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

You & your gang have been on my mind Jenn.
It is great to hear that all is going well.

Hooray...Cow got spayed.

Come back soon...
you are missed.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey xo,

Speaking of cow, when we took her to get spayed she was pregnant we discovered. We had to put off her spaying because the vet said if the kittens were survivable, we would have to take them home. I was not with my husband when he took her so thank goodness at that time he put off the spaying so we could discuss this. We decided to wait on her spaying for a bit because I wanted her to have healthy babies and also because I could not do that to her and her babies in good conscious. So we worked on feeding her good healthy food so her babies would be healthy. On Sept 17th, she had 5 kittens. Cow was spade when they were three weeks old. The vet assured us it would not interferre with nursing and he was right. However, the kittens have had a hard time of it. One died at 4 days old and so I have 4 remaining kittens but one of them struggles to live. Three have great homes waiting for them and when they are eight weeks old they will be leaving me. They are all so beautiful and are 4.5 weeks old. Three are already eating food and using a litter pan. The 4th kitten is a tiny little thing and very sickly. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow but YEAH, cow is fixed. It did not interferre with her nursing. The three healthy ones are named Snoopy, Tulip, and Lily. Snoopy is the only boy. The sickly one is named Faith. But right now it is touch and go. She has not nursed sinced Thursday or Friday. We are giving her KMR in a bottle or eye dropper depending on Faith's mood, kitten chow and lightly browned ground round steak trying to keep calories in her. She is not losing weight but not gaining either. She is merely holding her own. She is weak. She does not have diarreah. I have never seen a kitten just quit nursing. She was fine two weeks ago. Then she just quit thriving. She is half the size of the other three kittens.

Of the original 5 kittens she had, the first of the 5 was also extremely weak and could never nurse. I kept her alive for 4 days before she finally died. It bottle fed her but she was so weak she just couldn't make it. She dies in my hands wrapped in a blanket. We had a funeral for her in my back lot and buried her in a little box with a marker for a grave. It was so sad. I wanted her to make it so much. I am so glad three of the four remaining are healthy. Two have blue eyes and are silver with grey tails and ears. The third healthy kitten looks exactly like cow. The 4th remaining kitten is striped with a white chest and white legs and also very very tiny. It has not nursed for days and days If she lives, I already have her a nice home too.

I told all the new kitty owners that I will get them all spayed when the time comes according to their ages. Snoopy [the only boy] and Tulip are the silver kitties. They have silver bodies with white legs and whit striped faces. The one who likes like cow is named Lily. The sickly baby is named Faith because we have faith she will live... I want her to live. Please send her baby kitty vives because she needs it. I will post pics of her as soon as I can.

I hope the vet is figure out some miracle to help Faith gain strenth. She desperately needs it. She will have such a good life in her new home. I just hope she makes it there.

Love, Jenn

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow... what a thread... I only read about 20 pages and skipped through some, but JJ's story is just amazing!
I've been away from catsite for a few months, life has been hectic here... but this thread was the first one to really catch my attention. I'm glad it did, because it reminded me of why I love catsite so much!

Great job everyone, JJ looks awesome Jenn!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are right Pondwader....
JJ is an amazing, unique boy who proves that with enough love...
miracles still happen.

Jenn...Sweet Faith will be in my prayers.

I can hardly wait to see photos of Cow's babies & Mama Cow too.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some sad news. Poor little faith went to the vet, took antibiotics and passed away in my hands 30 minutes later. It was so horrible. My husband and I could hardly believe it. We cried and cried. We took her home and Juan built her a little box and we buried her next to her sister Miracle. It was a very sad day. We had such high hopes for her. There will never be another Faith kitty like her... Thank god the others are healthy. We tried to resuititate her but could not. Juan and I believe the liquid antibiotics got in her little lungs and so she drowned on her meds. I wanted to kill the vet. I have never been so mad in my life. We could not leave her there so we brought her little body home with us to bury.

Thanks for the prayers for little Faith.. It was just meant to be I guess but I will never forget her. She got sick so fast and I am not sure why. The vet said it was a problem with her lungs. But the first few weeks of her life she was fat and healthy appearing. Then she just went downhill.

We broght the others in the living room from their den today and Cow nursed them on the lounge chair by my husband. They will get their shots in about two-three weeks. I am watching them like a hawk to keep them healthy till then. I can't up load pictures of them from work but next week sometime we should have home internet and so I can then. Cow has been looking for her other baby crying the mom cry that cats do when a baby is lost. It is so sad. I feel drained from this ordeal.

I hate death. I loved this kitty.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am so sorry to hear that, but God obviously thought she was too special for this world and wanted her to be an angel with him. RIP little babies. i am glad she is spayed now and can't go through that again.