Bringing home a new female kitten to 2 male cats

jordannn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I presently have two male cats, both of them just turned 2 years old. They still act a lot like kittens, they are super playful and the younger one will play and chase just about anything. He hasn't changed at all since we got him a 6 months old whereas the older one has outgrown a few things.

Recently my fiance and I went to visit an animal shelter to take them some supplies from their wish-list, and while we were there we fell in love with a sweet little 2 month old female kitten.

We have been toying with the idea of adding a third kitty to our family since we just moved into a very spacious house and now have more room (and we both love cats). When we met her it seemed like her personality was similar to theirs. They are all very playful and sweet (and would probably keep us up playing with each other all night haha).

Does anyone have experience with introducing a young female kitten to two older (but not old) male cats? Do you think it would be a smart mix? Or should we wait and adopt an older male cat?

(of course we would do it the smart way and keep them separated at first and introduce them slowly)