Briggs Meyer Personality Test

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a counselor, too. But the test was hard, since it was so black/white. I might do something odd if the circumstances require it.

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got Counselor as well - maybe it's fixed and there are no other outcomes?! Seems wierd the first 3 of us would all be the same. I didn't like the questions, I hate choosing yes or no to questions like that.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For me, its the sciences and engineering and can be found in law.

I love science, so... but its still not clear to me...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fascinating - I did this test about 7 years ago and was also an ENFP, but more Extroverted then I am currently. I have been pegged as the Champion Idealist.

It said this:
The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and extraverted when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world. They can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them; they must experience, first hand, all the significant social events that affect our lives. And then they are eager to relate the stories they've uncovered, hoping to disclose the "truth" of people and issues, and to advocate causes. This strong drive to unveil current events can make them tireless in conversing with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.

Champions consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life, although they can never quite shake the feeling that a part of themselves is split off, uninvolved in the experience. Thus, while they strive for emotional congruency, they often see themselves in some danger of losing touch with their real feelings, which eNFps possess in a wide range and variety. In the same vein, eNFps strive toward a kind of spontaneous personal authenticity, and this intention always to "be themselves" is usually communicated nonverbally to others, who find it quite attractive. All too often, however, eNFps fall short in their efforts to be authentic, and they tend to heap coals of fire on themselves, berating themselves for the slightest self-conscious role-playing.

gurlpower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mary Anne,

i did this test eons ago. i forgot what my profile was.

This is me now: Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)

Apparently, according to the results, i am suitable for:

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

Smiles and Cheers!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That was interesting. I came up as an INTJ, a so-called "mastermind" or "sytems builder", like Kellye to be found in sciences, engineering, law, academia. Oddly enough, I couldn't decide between pre-law and natural sciences in college (I was inclined towards becoming a vet or an attorney, not a teacher), so I took a lot of courses preparing me for both fields, and then accidentally ended up in academia! The descriptions they had fit, which surprised me, because I went through the list in about three minutes, i.e., not really thinking about the answers.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It said about me:
ISTJ
Introverted (78%)\tSensing\t(33%) Thinking (33%)\tJudging (44%)

I am:
* very expressed introvert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the forums! I haven't noticed anybody else from N. Ireland - luckily, this site is getting more and more international. My grandfather was from Belfast (an Orangeman), and married an Irish/German Protestant immigrant whose first husband (my mom's biological father) had been a Catholic from Dublin. (I'm actually a Yank, but I live in Germany). Needless to say, my family has strong ties to Ireland, but doesn't willingly discuss religion. Have you had a look at the "IMO" forum? Being from Ulster, you could probably contribute a lot there.

doggyman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi jcat
As you see I am new to this forum so am still learning, I tried to work out who was what in your ancestry but it made my brain hurt <bg> so I gave up, I will be offline from Friday as my wife and I are off to Florida for two weeks holiday (I can't wait)so I will have a lot of catching up to do when I get home I must have a look at that other forum you mentioned. I hate discussions about religion, one of the reasons I love animals is that they don't care about your religion, race or anything else, I don't mind admitting I prefer animals to humans, at least they never stab you in the back.

jasminecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hmmm
i love these personality tests
Got a strange one...
Introverted Sensing Feeliing Judgement
Make what i can of that

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
How true! I'm another person who prefers animals to humans, although as a teacher I have to work with LOTS of humans every day. Hope you enjoy your trip to Florida. Watch out for the mosquitoes and alligators!

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am...

ESTJ

32% moderately expressed extrovert
22% slightly expressed sensing personality
33% moderately expressed thinking personality
78% very expressed judging personality

Which would make me suited at a Supervisor and Guardian?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 11 22 22

ISFJ type description by D.Keirsey
ISFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
slightly expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality
this is what they say I am I guess:
Portrait of the Protector (iSfJ)
Copyrighted Â[emoji]169[/emoji] 2000 Prometheus Nemesis Book Company.

The primary desire of the Protector Guardian [ISFJ] is to be of service to others, but here “service†means not so much furnishing others with the necessities of life (the ESFJ Providerâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s concern), as guarding others against lifeâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s pitfalls and perils, that is, seeing to their safety and security. There is a large proportion of Protectors in the population, perhaps as much as ten percent. And a good thing, because they are steadfast in their protecting, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can insure the safekeeping of those in their family, their circle of friends, or their place of business.

Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They go about their task of caretaking modestly, unassumingly, and because of this their efforts are not sometimes fully appreciated. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Providers [ESFJs], except with close friends and relatives. With these they can chat tirelessly about the ups and downs in their lives, moving (like all the Guardians) from topic to topic as they talk over their everyday concerns. However, their shyness with strangers is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth these Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Their quietness ought really to be seen as an expression, not of coldness, but of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. Like all the Guardians, ISFJs have a highly developed puritan work ethic, which tells them that work is good, and that play must be earned-if indulged in at all. The least hedonic of all types, Protectors are willing to work long, long hours doing all the thankless jobs the other types seem content to ignore. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for Protectors. When they undertake a task, they will complete it if at all humanly possible; and they know the value of material resources and abhor the squandering or misuse of these resources. Protectors are quite content to work alone; indeed, they may experience some discomfort when placed in positions of authority, and may try to do everything themselves rather than insist that others do their jobs.

With their extraordinary commitment to security, and with their unusual talent for executing routines, Protectors do well in many careers that have to do with conservation: curators, private secretaries, librarians, middle-managers, police officers, and especially general medical practitioners. To be sure, the hospital is a natural haven for them; it is home to the family doctor, preserver of life and limb, and to the registered nurse, or licensed practical nurse, truly the angels of mercy. The insurance industry is also a good fit for ISFJs. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies—these are important actions to Protectors, who as insurance agents want to see their clients in good hands, sheltered and protected.

The actor Jimmy Stewart and Mother Teresa are examples of Protector Guardian style.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am an INTP:

Introverted
Intuitive
Thinking
Perceiving

moderately expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Portrait of an Architect:
Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is the structural engineering role -- architechtonics -- that reaches the highest development in INTPs, and it is for this reason they are aptly called the "architects." Their major interest is in figuring out structure, build, configuration -- the spatiality of things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Teresa? With 6 kids wouldn't you be a producer?