Breeds?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

I have 2 very active abyssinians.. Frankie is a lover boy, he spoils everyone he meets with kitty kisses. My abys are not lap cats.. They are very affectionate, active, and playful, they are like little clowns. I love the sweet trills they make. I will always have a abyssinian in my house.

I have a female ocicat who is very intelligent, and protective of the other cats. She is a very loyal cat.

The more I read about bengals the more I want one. I love active cats.....The naughtier the better.
I've always wanted an Abby. I think they are so beautiful.

I can tell you about the high energy of the Bengal, especially when it comes to my boy, Simba. Simba put the "N" in the word naughty. He LOVES to play and pounce and knock everything down. He climbs, he jumps, he leaps any and everywhere he can get a foothold. He is stubborn and determined. He's rough, and somewhat destructive. I know better than to have breakables around, because he will knock them down. However, as naughty as he can be, he can be even MORE loving and adorable. He will jimp in the air to get a pet, if your hand hasn't quite made it down to him. He is such a loving little stinker. He has so many funny and fun little quirks. He absolutely melts my heart. He's also much more vocal than either of my Siamese cats, and he has a different trill or vocal tone for different things he is saying. I always know the sound of Simba about to get into mischief, and I don't even have to look up to know that He's about to jump somewhere where he's not supposed to go. There is nothing like having a Bengal in your life. There is never a dull moment.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I've always wanted an Abby. I think they are so beautiful.

I can tell you about the high energy of the Bengal, especially when it comes to my boy, Simba. Simba put the "N" in the word naughty. He LOVES to play and pounce and knock everything down. He climbs, he jumps, he leaps any and everywhere he can get a foothold. He is stubborn and determined. He's rough, and somewhat destructive. I know better than to have breakables around, because he will knock them down. However, as naughty as he can be, he can be even MORE loving and adorable. He will jimp in the air to get a pet, if your hand hasn't quite made it down to him. He is such a loving little stinker. He has so many funny and fun little quirks. He absolutely melts my heart. He's also much more vocal than either of my Siamese cats, and he has a different trill or vocal tone for different things he is saying. I always know the sound of Simba about to get into mischief, and I don't even have to look up to know that He's about to jump somewhere where he's not supposed to go. There is nothing like having a Bengal in your life. There is never a dull moment.
Thats my kind of Cat!!! I love em when they are naughty!!
My abyssinians are sweet cats, they have great dispositions. They also have their moments of destruction. Dion is so facinated by the dripping water in the sinks. I caught him walking in 3 inches of water in the bathtub, to get to the faucet.. It was funny.. There is not a dull moment in this house, I have 5 other cats that get charged up when the abbys are at play! I love it all!!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I''ve only ever had Siamese until now. One week ago I brought home Sadie, my 3 month old Hot Chocolate Spotted Ocicat, and now I'd never live with any other breed. One thing to remember at the Abby is there very mischevious side -- they can be more than a handful.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

I''ve only ever had Siamese until now. One week ago I brought home Sadie, my 3 month old Hot Chocolate Spotted Ocicat, and now I'd never live with any other breed. One thing to remember at the Abby is there very mischevious side -- they can be more than a handful.
I have a female Ocicat who is 9 years old. She didn't get her spots and came out with a classic pattern. I got her from the breeder at a very reasonable price. She is a very protective cat, She is very loyal and smart, She is very protective over her brothers and sister. I wonder if she takes off from the siamese in her breed, I have 2 abyssinians, and she doesn't really take after their traits. She loves to play fetch, and gives love bites. Bast is a very beautiful cat. She is a chocolate cream color. I rescued a kitten, and Bast was very protective over this little baby. She actually chewed his whiskers off. When I talked to her breeder she told me that her other cats did that too so the kittens didn't wander far. I had never heard of that before. It was very interesting.

Bast was a very mischievious kitten, she was into everything, there were a few times I was woken up to something smashing on the floor. She was a handfull!!

Your little Ocicat is beautiful!!! What a sweet baby!!!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's so sweet that I call her Sadielicious!

Originally Posted by abbycats

I have a female Ocicat who is 9 years old. She didn't get her spots and came out with a classic pattern. I got her from the breeder at a very reasonable price. She is a very protective cat, She is very loyal and smart, She is very protective over her brothers and sister. I wonder if she takes off from the siamese in her breed, I have 2 abyssinians, and she doesn't really take after their traits. She loves to play fetch, and gives love bites. Bast is a very beautiful cat. She is a chocolate cream color. I rescued a kitten, and Bast was very protective over this little baby. She actually chewed his whiskers off. When I talked to her breeder she told me that her other cats did that too so the kittens didn't wander far. I had never heard of that before. It was very interesting.

Bast was a very mischievious kitten, she was into everything, there were a few times I was woken up to something smashing on the floor. She was a handfull!!

Your little Ocicat is beautiful!!! What a sweet baby!!!

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have an Oriental breed/Orange Tabby mix. Let me tell you - ENERGY is the operative word here! I am EXHAUSTED.

I would never, never get a Siamese, Abby or Bengal - my Miew is wearing me out, LOL! I cannot let her outside, I dont trust her brains around cars... (my others OTH are fine and very sensible). She is very high strung.

I exist to play w/ her. If I don't she fetches the toys over and begins hugging me with her paws (claws retracted thankfully!!) I am her human, and must always pay attention to HER (when on the phone, she will crawl up on my chest and neck purring madly, LOL!!). If I am in the tub/shower, she will lay on the mat/towel and watch me.

I must not sleep alone (she must be under the covers or on top of me at all times. I must walk her on her leash 2x daily. I must not forget to clean the box (she's very very fussy). The other cats are to be ignored, and or chased and their litter boxes are "better" than hers, LOL. She naturally is in charge of the house schedules. I must always get up at dawn (she stares at me till I wake up) . I may not sleep longer than till 7 am.

I must feed her what she desires that I may be eating (and of course anything left on the table or countertops is fair game.)

So, you want this little beauty?? LOL! (She's quite good looking - Siamese body type, head n' snout/muzzle & short short fur with yellow eyes and pale gold tabby markings...)

My outdoorsy sensible practical mid energy level, low maintence
Manx Lexus just fits my lifestyle so much better!! (She goes out
and spends time out climbing trees!)

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opilot!! You have been owned.. LOL. It sounds like she is training you well!!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm not going to harp on about my own breed because well because even though they are SH they moult more then Persians!!

I love Abys and Devon Rex!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abys are definately the cats for you! High energy, lots of fun and terribly affectionate. They come in four colours Ruddy, Red, Blue and Fawn. Not at all terribly vocal. I once lost my Reecie and found her on top of the A/C unit!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Abys are definately the cats for you! High energy, lots of fun and terribly affectionate. They come in four colours Ruddy, Red, Blue and Fawn. Not at all terribly vocal. I once lost my Reecie and found her on top of the A/C unit!
The abby's I have make the sweetest trilling noise. They have a very sweet voice. I love it!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do love bengals. I've never owned them, but know from others that they are great family members. To my rather limited knowledge, they will be as active or lovey as you need, and are quite devoted to their humans.

Personally (and I know we're discussing short-haired breeds), I am quite impartial to Maine Coons. They are monstrously large, sturdy, loyal, and absolutely marvelous to own. This is personally my favorite pedigree cat, a close second to your good ol' mixed breed.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look up some stuff on Burmese...everything you read about them is true. They follow me and are vocal, but tend to be able to "chill" a little more than Siamese. Don't get me wrong, mine still loves to play, but she will also fall asleep on the bed with you and want to be in your lap. She does flips (for real!) and is very fast and athletic... but it took her a while to hone her skills. When she was a kitten, she'd fall flat on her side and get up like nothing ever happened.

Read up on them and see if you like what you read.

Of course, a moggie is the best way to go... breeds are expensive. I balance out my conscience by making sure I have one moggie per pure bred.

tia's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a himilayan and a ragdoll and both are nice if I had to choose it would be ragdoll though, they are more serene and laid back the himi is tempermental and so was my previous one.

astron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Check out Burmese too, they are very playful and funny and will give you hours of fun.

Neil