Breeding Help - Inexperienced Female

msszing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone.

I am new to breeding. I have a girl, 2 years old, and a mentor who is providing me with the stud. She has never been bred before, but the stud is experienced. I gave her something that smelled like the stud beforehand to get her used to the smell.

I brought her to my mentor's house to be with the stud. She started her heat today and I brought her there ASAP. The problem is that she seems scared. My mentor has a toddler that tried to pet her and she got very frightened and has been a bit timid since. The stud has yowled and approached her, but she's rejected him a few times. She hasn't called at all even though she just started her heat, and her heats usually last 5 days (on average).

Any advice here? My mentor thinks she's just nervous and that it'll likely happen after more time passes. It's only been about half a day at the time I am writing this post. I'm a bit nervous so I thought I would post here.

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone.

I am new to breeding. I have a girl, 2 years old, and a mentor who is providing me with the stud. She has never been bred before, but the stud is experienced. I gave her something that smelled like the stud beforehand to get her used to the smell.

I brought her to my mentor's house to be with the stud. She started her heat today and I brought her there ASAP. The problem is that she seems scared. My mentor has a toddler that tried to pet her and she got very frightened and has been a bit timid since. The stud has yowled and approached her, but she's rejected him a few times. She hasn't called at all even though she just started her heat, and her heats usually last 5 days (on average).

Any advice here? My mentor thinks she's just nervous and that it'll likely happen after more time passes. It's only been about half a day at the time I am writing this post. I'm a bit nervous so I thought I would post here.
I have no idea what breed you are breeding but please stick to purebred if possible. And yes your cat will probably be nervous but just give it a few days.. especially if it’s her first time.

platty

Hobbyist Bengal Cat Breeder
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep a new environment and her first time, just make her comfortable and the rest will follow, its an old post but I would be interested on how you went on?