Breeder and lack of information

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful! Glad it worked out for you!
When we were trying to get our Maine Coon we ended up cancelling our hold on a Maine Coon kitten due to communication problems, but the breeder initiated it so we got our deposit back.
It worked out well though because we ended up with our beautiful Roxy girl (the other kitten we had a deposit on from the other breeder was a male).

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FedLawyer

We went to visit Freya yesterday and it looks like she will be a blue point instead of a lilac point. She's getting darker.
In that pic she looks like a lilac point to me (I used to have one, a BSH though). The color is easiest to determine by looking at the paw pads (the breeder should know this), she's a lilac point if they are pink and a blue point if they are blue.
She is very beautiful kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fedlawyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The breeder was actually going off of her paw pads. She said that they looked more blue over the past week. Myself, I didn't think to look at her paw pads. But I did notice that her nose and tail were noticeably darker and more blue and less pink.

She could be purple with orange stripes and I would still love her to pieces.

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Exactly this.

fedlawyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The same man that decided not to take Freya also decided not to take the boy he had a deposit on. Better for us! We decided to adopt him as well! Meet Magnus! He's a lighter lilac point than Freya (looks like she is still a lilac point, her paw pads are still pinkish), but he is a big boy. He's the largest of the litter.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful girl! And how wonderful that now your family is expanding by two. I wish you many years full of love with these babies.

kylew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All ears and attitude
My GF got a lilac point Balinese girl a year ago, to go with her blue point boy. She was and is the boss of him

fedlawyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How adorable!! The little Balinese girl looks like my kittens that I'm getting ready to take home! It looks like they're getting along great.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The breeder was actually going off of her paw pads. She said that they looked more blue over the past week. Myself, I didn't think to look at her paw pads. But I did notice that her nose and tail were noticeably darker and more blue and less pink.

that's funny! From the first pic, I was thinking she was a little dark for a lilac point. But I think I am in love with her no matter what LOL!!! Woo!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute!
How old are they now?
I went to a cat show yesterday and they happened to have lots of Siamese and Orientals in there, it was their breed club's meeting or something.

fedlawyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Freya is 11.5 weeks and Magnus is 15 weeks tomorrow.
Magnus could come home now, but we wanted to keep them together. They all come home next weekend!! I can't wait!

Magnus is huge and Freya is so tiny, they are adorable together.