Breed!!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
she has some persianish air on her.  Although I have an impression, she is sooner a grandchild to a modern flat face persian (but possibly a legitime dau), than a persian old type / doll face persian...

The eyes are unusual. Again a guess - I think they are bleached blue eyes - and she is a creme point.. (ie diluted red).  With creme points we barely see the coloring, and its easy to miss if you dont know where to look.  Tell me, is her tail and backside of ears noticeably more colored than the body?  The color we talk about is a weak reddish.''She shold also have a masque on the face, but its not always as visible as on the ears...

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As Anne said above, I think she favors an exotic much more than a Persian. If anything she has modern Persian ancestry but definitely not a full blooded one due to the short coat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Vahid *and new kitten*!  She is gorgeous, and yes, she looks like an Exotic Shorthair, and a cream point or flame point.  Looking forward to hearing more about her and seeing pictures! 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im sitting at this moment at a computer with a good monitor.  So I see better.   she has a clear modern flat face persian ancestry -  a natural or even legitime dau. Grandfather is not necessary for our analysis.  So she isnt doll face or similiar, her ancestry is from a flatface.

Of course, if we take the statement of classic persian for full value, she could have been bred with a doll face.  And technically she could still be a full blood persian...

OK, what to do with her short hair, and being an Exotic?    I agree, she seems to have a short fur, and thus, not persian, but sooner Exotic.

Is this a problem?  Not necessarily.   Persians and exotics are twin breeds.  The fur lengh essentially the only difference.

In some associations, for example the big european Fife, its allowed with interbreeding between these two breeds.   And thus, there are registered breeders whom gets both shorthair exotics and longhairs persians in the same litter, and register them accordingly....

Btw, one of them told me her rule of thumb to recognize which is which already when they are small kittens with similiar fuzzy fur: these whom crawle out from the nest earliest, tends to be the future exotics...

Hers  combination could be a doll face persian with modern exotic - and it would give exactly this here result.   The creme point thrown in for good measure, of course.  :)   Both parents must have having this gene.

So, theoretically its fully possible, she may be seen as a legitimate  persian-exotic mix, and with all IF done, and all dots put down at the right places and all the t crossed correctly, she could theoretically be seen as a sort off legitimate exotic-persian mix.

But this is the theory and speculations.

In practice without any sure proofs nor papers,  she is a lovely  creme point domestic shorthair,  somewhat look alike of an Exotic.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous!   Very Unique

Looks like   flame point    markings  perhaps a distant relative to  Grumpy Cat  ;)

Welcome to TCS