Breed(s) And Color Pattern?

tuliprox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm curious as to what breed(s) our new baby girl looks like she might be! Also curious as to what her color and coat pattern are considered to be. I see the silver striped tabby I think... but she also seems to have some light orange on her paws? We just picked her up from the shelter and was just curious since she's so cute!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a blue tabby to me in these pictures, but it would be helpful to see a picture of the tabby pattern on her side, and some larger/clearer pictures of her head. It looks like her tail is a bit fluffy? How old is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuliprox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll try to get some more pics in a bit. She is a little fluffier than most short haired cats I've personally seen. The shelter thinks she's about 3 months old

tuliprox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here's a few more pictures

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell from the pictures if she is going to be a longhair or shorthair; you might have to wait and see on that. The picture of her tail looks a bit like a longhair, though. Assuming she turns out to be a longhair, I would describe her from these pictures as a blue mackerel tabby domestic longhair. She is a pretty girl!

Although it is possible that she could be a torbie (a tortoiseshell tabby), I am not seeing obvious cream tabby patches on her in these pictures. The blue tabby color does have a beige-cream background, which may be what you are noticing on her paws.

In the picture where you part her hair, I see that it's lighter at the base, but it looks beige or gray rather than bright white, is that correct? Lots of blue or blue tabby cats have a lighter colored undercoat... a silver tabby would have a white section at the base of the hairs, not light gray or beige.

tuliprox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I believe it is more beige rather than a true white. Oh okay, thanks for the info! This is my first cat (my fiance's 3rd I believe), so this is all still new to me :). I'll try to get another pic of her tail after work tonight, and some pictures of her in general in better lighting. The lighting I had her in last night seemed to kind of skew her coloring slightly opposed to the pics I took at the shelter when we were filling out the paperwork.

tuliprox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she did happen to be a purebred or mixed breed, do you know what breed(s) she could be, or is that not a possible guess to tell?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She doesn't have appear to have obvious features that indicate specific breed ancestry. Unlike dogs, almost all cats are simply domestic cats. Cat breeding is a relatively recent human hobby, so purebred and mixed breed cats make up only a tiny percentage of all cats.