Breed Of My Cat

Charlie Thomas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

We rescued our cat Mango from a bin therefore we know nothing about her. We have guessed she is a ginger tabby but from looking online we are wondering if she has Bengal in her. Can anyone help?

I attach a photo of her markings, she has spots of color all down her belly.

She is friendly, loving and affectionate. Shes very alert and curious and loves to play.

She can do lots with her paws for example take biscuits out of the bowl and eat out of her paw.

She is OBSESSED with water and we often find her in the sink waiting for water to come out of the tap.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Cute kitty! She would be called a red tabby (in the classic or "bullseye" tabby pattern) Domestic Shorthair. I don't see any Bengal in this sweetie- their coloration looks quite different.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. Its the classic tabby bullseye marbles which are very nice. Also most reds are males.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's a very pretty colour! I love the gingers. And as Stefan said, most red tabbies are males, so that makes Mango a little more special. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charlie Thomas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all for your help and for your kind comments :)

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is so cute!
I am sorry to say that I agree with my mates, I ser no bengal in her.
If, indeed, she has some bengal ancestors, she has lost most physical characteristics that we look for when wondering about non pedigreed cats.
Your kitty has an undercoat, to keep her cozy, which bengals don't.
Bengal paws are black, whereas Mango's are lovely pink, just like her nose, which in bengals should have a brick colour. As regards of the body, Bengals show longer hind legs, and this makes the walk kinda funny, like tiptoeing.
Bengals can make some very weird noises, as they vocal folds are different to other domestic cats, so their vocabulary is wider. Mine can do some sounds that are kind of metalic, chirps and the kind.
Some cats like water, some bengals don't, it is something more related to purrsonality than yo breed, in my opinion.
Anyway, you have a beautiful and very unique cat, so enjoy her!