Breed of my cat

widexawake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK so I adopted Mischief when she was 3 months at a animal aid shelter in town. She is 4 now going on 5. I have never had the money to check her genetic background but I think I have figured it out just by reading up on the breeds. I know she is not full breed, she is mixed, but when I read this information it was like they knew her and were writing just about her.
I just wanted to see if what I have found out is for sure what part of her breed is or if I'm off.
I think she is part Singapura

Personality: Sleeps with me, taps me on the face or gives my nose kisses when it's "time" to get up. She is extremely playful, just like she is stuck in kitten mode. She is loving as well and only talks when she is wanting something (like me to go to bed). She beats me everywhere, my room, the bathroom, she races there and waits for me. She always has to be with me when I am in the bathroom. She loves to open closets or open my dresser drawers to sleep in them.

Looks: She is the size of a kitten, about 5lbs. Grey and white (I know not singapura colours) her grey is marked slightly like its not one solid colour it has ticks of colours through it. She has round ears but HUGE! Her eyes are HUGE as well. ( I will add a picture)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

widexawake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah she is a domestic short hair just I always wondered about what her breed could be because she is so small. Also I have a part Himalayan so that also peaked my interest in finding out she she was.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by widexawake

Yeah she is a domestic short hair just I always wondered about what her breed could be because she is so small. Also I have a part Himalayan so that also peaked my interest in finding out she she was.
No breed... they come in all shapes and sizes...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There really is no one breed that jumps out - she's a blue & white bicolor domestic shorthair. More then likely her mom was a young kitten herself and survived to deliver kittens. Sometimes kittens having kittens will produce smaller then normal kittens.

I was at a show one time and there was a household pet (cute tortie) that I figured was about 5-6 months old - I was shocked when the owner told me "no she's actually 6 YEARS old"! She was that small and looked the size of a kitten.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Smokey was 11 when she died and she looked like a 6 month old kitten her whole life.
I see Singapuras at the shows I go to and your cat is not a singapura.
I love that breed of cat and would love to have one in the future.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Personality: Sleeps with me, taps me on the face or gives my nose kisses when it's "time" to get up. She is extremely playful, just like she is stuck in kitten mode. She is loving as well and only talks when she is wanting something (like me to go to bed). She beats me everywhere, my room, the bathroom, she races there and waits for me. She always has to be with me when I am in the bathroom. She loves to open closets or open my dresser drawers to sleep in them.

Looks: She is the size of a kitten, about 5lbs. Grey and white (I know not singapura colours) her grey is marked slightly like its not one solid colour it has ticks of colours through it. She has round ears but HUGE! Her eyes are HUGE as well. ( I will add a picture)

[/IMG]
Sounds exactly like my Aya. Both purr-sonality and looks. Except she's a little over 7lbs now (3.2kilos). Aya's a Japanese DSH. There have been generations of street cats here going back hundreds of years. I think since only the tough smart ones survive they have these wonderful intelligent (if naughty) dispositions.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unlike dogs, most of whom have at least some identifiable breed in them, the vast majority of cats are of no particular breed but are domestic shorthairs/longhairs. Purebred cats are fairly rare (comparatively speaking) and it's just not likely that a random cat off the street has any pure breed in it at all. Personally I prefer it that way. I like moggies.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She's a beautiful DSH - just like your cat Shadow. I was looking for your part Persian and found Shadow. A lovely DSH too. No Persian there