Breed Mixture? Coat Classification?

Carleigh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
image.jpg IMG_2864.JPG IMG_2764.JPG This is Punk and he is 15 years old. He was adopted 10 years ago and we still wonder what his breed mixture could possibly be. Also he has a medium/long coat with white and orange coloration but strangely he has 1 small black line on his head and black speckles on his nose. Isn't that color combination odd for a male? Would love to hear what you guys think!

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are the eyes blue? I wonder of he isnt a point...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was talling about the Adult one on your pics, the red with white

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
For the handsome cream and white boy, I'd say cream lynx point, (in the bicolor pattern as per described by the Ragdoll breed standard). He is a pretty good Ragdoll lookalike, but without papers would be considered a Domestic Longhair.

Kathryn_316

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For the handsome cream and white boy, I'd say cream lynx point, (in the bicolor pattern as per described by the Ragdoll breed standard). He is a pretty good Ragdoll lookalike, but without papers would be considered a Domestic Longhair.
Yeah, she is a purebred ragdoll, cream lynx point with mitts. She is a she....pretty little thing.

Kathryn_316

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, she is a purebred ragdoll, cream lynx point with mitts. She is a she....pretty little thing.
the ones I am actually wondering about are just newbord, well 1 week old now. Mom is a shaded silver persian and dad is ?? (she got out) I am wondering when shaded persians start to look shaded....I read that it is dominant, so they are likely shaded or smoke, but they look pretty dark still other then their faces and bellies.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, so its as I though re the first one, the adult

Re the kittens. Nr 2 seems to be a blue tabby, nr 1 is probably a diluted tortie, ie blue and creme.

About the exact behavior of the shadowed patterns I dont know much. Im happy when I do recognize them on adults - as not everyone do, sometimes not even the owners.