Bravo! Voluntary Recall

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.bravorawdiet.com/images/BravoRecall_GeneralPressReleaseDec.pdf

Bravo Pet Foods of Manchester, CT is recalling a select lot of Bravo Chicken Blend diet for dogs & cats with a best used by date of 11/13/16 due to concerns of the possible presence of Salmonella . Out of an abundance of caution, Bravo is also recalling three additional items that did not test positive for Salmonella , but were manufactured on the same day. Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
Bravo Blend Chicken diet for dogs & cats - chub21-1022 lb.(32oz.) chub11-13-16829546211028
These products DID NOT test positive for Salmonella , but are also being voluntarily recalled out of an abundance of caution.

ProductItem #SizeBest Used by DateUPC
Bravo Blend Chicken diet for dogs & cats - chub21-1055 lb. (90 oz.) chub11-13-16829546211059
Bravo Blend Turkey diet for dogs & cats - patties31-5085 lb. bag of 8 oz. patties11-13-168829546315085
Bravo Balance Turkey diet for dogs - patties31-4013 lb. bag of 4 oz. patties11-13-16829546314019

ftmba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bummer, had saw this too. Hopefully no pets get sick from this.

Was thinking to try the new Bravo canned, I would think it's still safe (presumably since the canned is cooked), but it still gives me pause.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Bummer, had saw this too. Hopefully no pets get sick from this.

Was thinking to try the new Bravo canned, I would think it's still safe (presumably since the canned is cooked), but it still gives me pause.
I'm also interested in their canned foods, but I'm hesitate to buy a case because of the cranberry in the ingredients, I'm just not sure my cats will like that. I'm less concerned about their recall as it doesn't seem incredibly serious to me, as it's voluntary, and there have been no reexported sicknesses. I feel the same way about the S&C recall, I think it's still good quality food, i just don't feed it because none of mine like it.

I think anytime you feed commercial raw foods especially, risks like this happen, hopefully they are small risks though.