Bravo Freeze-dried turkey hearts

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were discussing these in an unrelated thread, but I can't remember which one. The Bravo freeze-dried turkey hearts came today.

I split one heart between all three as a treat.

The hearts are a hit, but they must be very rich, a couple of bites were enough for Mazy and Queen Eva, Jennie of course continues to look for more, but poor Jennie is just NEVER full.

I'm happy to have found something so nutritious they can have on occasion to add variation to their diet, my thanks to whoever it was who brought the subject up in whatever thread it was. :)

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was me otto! 
 It was in the "how long did you use toppers" thread.  I'm glad your kitties liked it.  I usually use 1/2 of a turkey heart as a topper for two plates of ground raw (one for each of my kitties).  But I'm pretty sure my two would eat the entire bag if I'd let them.  They even bite my fingers after I've finished crumbling it over their food. 

By the way, I got some of the Fresh is Best chicken hearts yesterday and unfortunately, they don't crumble at all.  I had to use a knife to cut one in several small pieces and they didn't eat it all.  I'm not sure why, but looks like the Bravo ones are going to be the preferred hearts in my house.  I'm still waiting to get some Fresh is Best turkey hearts so maybe they'll be more like the Bravo ones.  I'll let you know.

While we're on the freeze-dried topic, I was wondering if anyone knows the equivalent of freeze-dried to raw?  I'm considering making a small recipe of beef to try out for my cats (they LOVE beef and tolerate it okay) and all I have liver-wise for beef are the freeze-dried ones.  I'm just wondering how to substitute freeze-dried into a raw recipe.  I'd only use it as a topper, not actually in the recipe, but still want to make sure I give them enough to balance it out.  Any thoughts?  

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, we have the formula here for you. :lol3: You'll need to find out what the moisture content of the FD liver you want to use is first, but if it's not listed, you can contact the company. If it's Etta Says or Stewart's liver, we have the moisture content (though I'd have to look it up). But here's the thread with instructions from mschauer on how to make the conversion: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/247129/feeding-dried-liver-in-place-of-fresh

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, we have the formula here for you.
You'll need to find out what the moisture content of the FD liver you want to use is first, but if it's not listed, you can contact the company. If it's Etta Says or Stewart's liver, we have the moisture content (though I'd have to look it up). But here's the thread with instructions from mschauer on how to make the conversion: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/247129/feeding-dried-liver-in-place-of-fresh
Yep, I've bookmarked it. 
 Thank you!!!