Brat cats......

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats are brats. Spoiled, rotten, picky, finicky brats.

I went to a cat show today and picked up a couple things for them. They had samples of Kitty Caviar and I was THRILLED because I really wanted them to try it! I also bought them a homemade catnip mouse from Rocky Mountain Alley Cat Alliance (who seem like an awesome organization, and the CFA cat show was done as a fundraiser for them
). They sniffed at both and just walked away! They just don't appreciate what their mommy brought home for them. *sigh* Silly kitties.

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww...I went to a cat show and bought them those feather teasers and they went CRAZY for them. Your babies are just going to keep on expecting better and better stuff! Haha, good luck with that!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go to cat shows and always come home with bags of things for them! I love to spoil my cats! Heck it's cool and I still let the cats out on the enclosed porch for a few minutes each day to get some sun(but only if it's warm enough for them, no kitty colds here!)
If it snows, they are not happy cause there isn't "porch time" that day.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it your "duty" as a cat owner to spoil your kitties? There's a big annual pet supply fair in Stuttgart, which I elbow my way through for JC's sake. I come home laden with food, toys, treats, and cat care products, only to listen to his complaints about being left alone (even though my husband is home with him).

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad it's not just mine!.

I buy Rosie fresh fish and prawns and she still turns her nose up!!. Some cats would kill for them!.

I even buy some of her treats in from London that cost me £3.00 per tube($6.00). I just ordered 3 tubes of them last week and with the post and packing costs it came to nearly £13.00!.
I'm going to The Supreme Cat Show in november, goodness knows what i come back with for her.

And toys!, i could set up my own shop with the amount she has!!

So yes, she is a spoilt brat, but i would'nt have her any other way!

Susan

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YUP! My cats are SPOILT ROTTEN ALSO! They think they can get ANYTHING they want-food, toys and attention and they DO get it!

One example- if a cat wants to sleep with/on me and my legs are closed, they will paw at my legs until I move my legs open then they can sleep between my legs. JEEZ!
Often they will do this during the nite so I'd wake up to feeling paws dig at my legs and groggily move my legs so they can sleep in their favorite positions. Zebra tend to do this the most..

Buddy has a string that he's OBSESSED with and MUST HAVE ME WAVE IT AROUND.
: If I am laying on the couch watching tv and
GASP
I'm NOT WAVING the string, he'd take the string in his mouth, jump up on the couch and drop the string on my face therefore making it CLEAR that I MUST WAVE IT AROUND FOR HIM!

Spike MUST rub noses with me FREQUENTLY so if I'm walking down the hall, he'd run in front of me blocking me and if I don't stop, bend down and let him rub his nose against my nose, he will continously run and stop in front of me (tripping me) until I obey his commands..

Pepper is the only one who seems to NOT be a brat so far... (Knocking on wood)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by valanhb
My cats are brats. Spoiled, rotten, picky, finicky brats.

I went to a cat show today and picked up a couple things for them. They had samples of Kitty Caviar and I was THRILLED because I really wanted them to try it! I also bought them a homemade catnip mouse from Rocky Mountain Alley Cat Alliance (who seem like an awesome organization, and the CFA cat show was done as a fundraiser for them
). They sniffed at both and just walked away! They just don't appreciate what their mommy brought home for them. *sigh* Silly kitties.
LOL...that's why I always send samples, 'cause you never know! I think cats are just as particular in their preference for tastes and textures as we are
Fwiw, cats that do not like Kitty Kaviar, often love WildSide Salmon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL That's so funny you say that Pat. They actually got samples of Wild Side Salmon too. And also turned their little noses up at that.
Guess they don't like fishy treats.
But, they also don't like Pounce, or actually any treats besides Whisker Lickin's, and only the soft ones not the tartar control, and only the chicken, chicken and cheese, or turkey flavors. Man, they really have me trained!

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you tried any dried lamb? I remember our cats loved that, the dogs loved it as well!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi,

Oooh, tough crowd! Sounds like a soft texture is preferred by them..which rules out Dr. Harvey's whisker smackers chicken, and or the popular beef treats, rosie's rewards!

Of course, I'm the person who carries Patrick to and from the bedroom each morning and night, and is checking out every flavor of Fancy Feast that they make, one at a time <G>.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The place where they used to have cat shows here sold out and now no more cat shows

But my cats went nuts for the peacock feathers they sold there!!!
They would take them and try to hide them but they were to long for them to carry properly...boy did those things get destroyed fast!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooohhh! I haven't seen dried lamb! They LOVE their Lamb & Rice food (too much I think....).

Pat, the chicken one *might* fly (no pun intended), as they have taken to a couple of crunchy treats with chicken flavor. They won't touch beef flavored anything. Not even, well, beef! LOL

Does anyone else have this much trouble finding a TREAT??? LOL

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of mine don't like anything with seafood flavor. Pounce is right out but Whiska Lickins are yummy. Not that I give them a lot, but they are so finicky on what they decide they like! LOL

Now anything chicken is "RIGHT ON MOM", and add a touch of liver to it and they are on their hind legs begging.

But then again there is Muddy and Koko, my little vacuum cleaners......