Bragging about Squeaky!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the risk of boring you, I must share with you how smart my Squeaky is. You might remember that we trained her to roll over on command with Temptations cat treats (which she loves!) So she has taken this concept one step further. When she wants a treat, she will run ahead of us, give 3 short squeaks (waa, waa, waa) then lie down and roll over 2 or 3 times. Then she runs to the treat drawer and waits while we open the bag and give her a reward! And who says cats aren't capable of rational thought processes?

It's been warm here, so we had the window open last night. Well the wind came up and it got quite cool. Squeak doesn't like being cold. I woke up to find her between us, under the covers with her head on the pillow! She really is clever!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brag away! And where better to brag about your cat than here? Squeaky sounds like a lot of fun. The best trick my cat does is bite me when he's hungry and I'm ignoring him!

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too cool.
Wesley doesn't do tricks, he just does his impersonation of a Siamese loudly next to what he wants (get toy out, get food out, open door, etc) until his human submits.

I need to switch things around and try to train my cats like yours instead.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
for Squeaky
That is really great! You should get a video of that "waa, drop and roll"
. What a smart kitty and I love the pillow story
If it's good enough for you it's just perfect for her