Boy or Girl

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pictures aren't good enough for me to tell for sure, but I'm gonna say girl. Mostly because, from what I can see of her fur, it looks like she's a tortie/calico ;).

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willowy  ,  I had the same thought.  Looks like the kitten might be a blue-cream tortie.  which would almost always be female.

It's  hard to tell from that photo but that looks more female to me, too. 

If you can get a photo either standing, while someone is holding the tail up ,  or with the kitten lying on her/his back , with the tail out of the way and a really good view of the "privates",   we can try to make sure.   Or here is a link that might help you figure it out. http://www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-online.com/sexing-kittens.html

One of the main things is that with a boy there is more space between the anus and the urinary opening. (The penis in a cat is kind of hidden, retracted until they need it, but you can usually see the spot where it would come out. )    The bigger space between the anus and the urinary opening in a boy is of course the space for  the testicles, but in a little kitten those are very  tiny)

The other main thing to look for is that in a boy ,   the rear looks like 2 dots, like a colon in punctuation    :  

and in a girl it looks like an inverted exclamation mark    ¡   

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

christine11276

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, a girl. See how it's like an upside-down exclamation point ! instead of a colon : that's how you can tell.

And so cute! I'd call her a dilute/blue-cream tortie with white :D.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

christine11276

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay!!  Thanks for your help!  She is super sweet and really talkative but that's a tortie thing I guess.  :)

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep,   Willowy and I agree on all counts:

She is a little girl kitty!   

She's Blue-Cream Tortie and White !  also just called Blue Tortie and White    but I always like the sound of "Blue-Cream".   

And she's VERY cute! 

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a girl 1 I can tell by her coloring 2 when I was looking at her pic of her privates I can defendly tell its a girl

My cat just had kittens when they was just around 8hrs old I automatically knew Blazikens gender by looking at her colors calico so I looked at her siblings down there I knew what they was by looking for like 2seconds and I'm never wrong on sexing kittens

sessie33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also 90 percent of torties are girls you probably will never see a male tortie

justmelilb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think the fact that so few cats of the calico or tortie cats are girls makes them so desirable. But don't ask Izzy since she was in the shelter for 11 months and 22 days. She was about 3 1/2 when I adopted her.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the fact that so few cats of the calico or tortie cats are girls makes them so desirable. But don't ask Izzy since she was in the shelter for 11 months and 22 days. She was about 3 1/2 when I adopted her.
I think you have it backwards. Almost all torties/calicos are girls. Only 1 in 3000 are boys. Tortie is (IME) the most common color/pattern for female cats. Maybe brown tabbies are more common but I think I see more torties.

justmelilb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Willowy :) I did indeed mean so few are male. I am quite aware of the genetics on that and I apologize for typing faster than I was getting it through my mind. My brain doesn't always wake up when I do lol and sometimes I wonder if it's ever going to turn on. For me the attraction to the calico and tortie is that it makes it super easy to adopt a cat. I love all cats/animals but for me boy cats are simply not an option. Anyway, thank you again for catching that. :)