Boy or a girl?

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
with my cats it's super easy to tell they have the sac because it is a different color from the rest of them, it's blue
but Neko's have gotten very flat from sitting on them so much so if they were the same color as the rest og him it could be a little harder to tell I guess.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Maybe I didn't look closely enough...
Sorry I don't know...but is Smudge a boy? On pointed cats, the 'bits' are colored like the points, at least from what I have seen. Like on Leopold, his are brown...real dark like his face and feet, tail, etc. Sort of like what Maxy was talking about. I find them hard to find/see on a solid colored cat, though...especially black. I once took in a long haired black cat to check for a spay scar...well no spay scar, but he used to have testicles!!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL - yes, Smudge is a boy. But he's got quite a set of breeches or whatever they call all that long fur on their legs!! I also have a new boy, Clyde, who is short haired white. Now when I get home I've GOT to remember to take a close look!

Originally Posted by beandip

Sorry I don't know...but is Smudge a boy? On pointed cats, the 'bits' are colored like the points, at least from what I have seen. Like on Leopold, his are brown...real dark like his face and feet, tail, etc. Sort of like what Maxy was talking about. I find them hard to find/see on a solid colored cat, though...especially black. I once took in a long haired black cat to check for a spay scar...well no spay scar, but he used to have testicles!!!

kcpaull

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Male cats have a tiny round hole where the penis comes out below where the testicles used to be. Females have a vertical slit below their anus. However, a pregnant female about to give birth can sometimes fool you as her female parts will swell to allow the kittens to exit the birth canal.