Bought a Cat from Malaysia

yana-aldowaik

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted a cat and when my husband and I went to Malaysia he suprised me by buying me a kitten. He bought this kitten from a friend who had a cat of some kind of breed that my husband happened to admire. Over there many people call all kinds of cats Persian cats even low they do not look Persian. My first thought when I saw her is that she may be a Turkish Angora because of her pointed ears and her tail. I am not entirely sure though and I would like some help to see what kind of breed she is. She is very sweet and always wants to be with you. Plus she meows A LOT. It may be hard to tell what kind of breed she is right now because she is a kitten.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If even your husband who does admire this breed dont know what it is called, she is surely no real breed as we know it.  but it may be some natural malaysian breed....  Which is my guess here.

If you were one of the typical american forumists, I would suggest she is perhaps a little look alike a Norwegian Forest Cat.

The pattern is interesting, but rather tricky to describe, so I do abstain for the moment.

A lovely kitten!

Good luck!

ps. Make sure she gets good kitten food, as much as she wants!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

yana-aldowaik

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your input.My husband was told she is a Persian mix but I'm a bit in doubt of that because of her coat and markings even her ears.We just got her yesterday she is a bit on the skinny side.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay, no persian. Not even old type persian /"Shiraz" persian, who both does have some nose.

What they probably mean is she is longhaired, probably calling all longhaired for Persian.

IF there are some persian ancestry, it is very long back, leaving only the long haired fur as the only evidence.   :)

But she is lovely!   Have much joy with your new furry friend!    :)

Good luck!

yana-aldowaik

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 She is SUPER cute.    As a kitten she had one of the biggest eye size to head size ratios I have ever seen in a domestic cat! 

She might have some ancestors  not really native to that area,  since  I don't think there are native longhairs there?   but people who have immigrated have brought pets ,  and there are Persians ,  Maine Coons,  etc. imported to Malaysia  and probably often allowed to breed to the local cats,  so the longhair gene has no doubt got spread around a bit.  

yana-aldowaik

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she is a mix I believe either local/Angora or local/Maine coon. To be honest I'm not quite sure but I am 100% sure she is a mix of one of those. I have a video of her ill post it below

yana-aldowaik

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And thank you she is quite a bundle of joy