Boss Cat frozen raw

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did a search to find people's experience's with this brand & didn't find one post. Has anyone tried it?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have not tried their frozen raw, but did try some of their freeze dried, and every package I got went rancid within just a couple days, so I quit buying it. But my boys did enjoy it before it went rancid...so for just a couple meals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have not tried their frozen raw, but did try some of their freeze dried, and every package I got went rancid within just a couple days, so I quit buying it. But my boys did enjoy it before it went rancid...so for just a couple meals.
wow how can freeze dried food go rancid? I thought the idea was that it lasted for years. isn't all the survival food freeze dried?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very interesting, mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens ! I bought a bag of their freeze-dried food, too, turkey, I think, and the cats weren't very enthusiastic at all. Maybe it also went rancid?

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Weird. I bought some frozen chicken, my cat ate some around 8-815 am, she just threw it all up 3 hours later & now looks sick. She looks like she doesn't feel well at all. She even went & got in the cat carrier.

I hope there's nothing wrong with the frozen food.....

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird. I bought some frozen chicken, my cat ate some around 8-815 am, she just threw it all up 3 hours later & now looks sick. She looks like she doesn't feel well at all. She even went & got in the cat carrier.

I hope there's nothing wrong with the frozen food.....
I hope she's feeling better now! Sometimes just a change in food is enough to make a cat vomit. Sometimes it's a specific ingredient. That particular food does have probiotics so if your cat isn't used to those, that could be the issue. Our cat who tends to barf has had trouble getting started with probiotics but when I introduced an herbal/probiotic supplement very slowly she did fine.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope she's feeling better now! Sometimes just a change in food is enough to make a cat vomit. Sometimes it's a specific ingredient. That particular food does have probiotics so if your cat isn't used to those, that could be the issue. Our cat who tends to barf has had trouble getting started with probiotics but when I introduced an herbal/probiotic supplement very slowly she did fine.
She's had the food before, no issue. What I think might have happened is she didn't eat anything last night. I always put a can of food out before bed & lately she's been turning her nose up at it. So if she didn't eat all night & then scarf the raw down, that might be the problem. She's still in the carrier though, she doesn't want any food. I even put a piece of dry food down & she didn't want it, that's how I know she doesn't feel well. I also offered her a tiny piece of rotisserie chicken, no go. I'll watch her, if she's not better by tomorrow I will take her in. Hope the food doesn't have some kind of bacteria or something. It was a new container, first feeding.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
****update*****
She stayed in the cat carrier up until bedtime, so 1130am to 9ish. I got her to come to the bed & lay down on my legs. I gave her a little bit of Feline Natural freeze dried & she gobbled that up, so that made me feel better she ate something. She doesn't want any food in the am, which I'm thinking she just wants more freeze dried.

She didn't eat all the food I put down for her yesterday, so last night I got it out & gave it to one of my other cats, she ate it, no throw up, no sick. Completely baffled why my one cat got so sick from it. I'm very hesitant to give her anymore & I just bought 4 tubs of it because she liked it!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
****update*****
She stayed in the cat carrier up until bedtime, so 1130am to 9ish. I got her to come to the bed & lay down on my legs. I gave her a little bit of Feline Natural freeze dried & she gobbled that up, so that made me feel better she ate something. She doesn't want any food in the am, which I'm thinking she just wants more freeze dried.

She didn't eat all the food I put down for her yesterday, so last night I got it out & gave it to one of my other cats, she ate it, no throw up, no sick. Completely baffled why my one cat got so sick from it. I'm very hesitant to give her anymore & I just bought 4 tubs of it because she liked it!
I'm glad to hear she seems better! It can be so hard to figure out what causes their vomiting and regurgitations. For us it's anything from eating a slug to eating too much. Fingers crossed that she continues to do well today!