Booster and moving kitty

cuddles14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
My little girl is 2 now and well not so little haha at 10 months we had her done and since then sjes gained abit of weight. I call her my Chubby Bubby lol shes always been quite clingly as a kitty and now even at 2 of i leave a room she will follow me. She sleeps in my bed with me every night we both like the company (:
Anyway she doesnt go outside and due to personal problems missdd her booster (4months) shes booked in next week tho. Even tho she doesnt go outbi still want her done.
Im moving back to my mums and obviously my Chubbys coming too only problem being my mum has two cats a girl miffi who is 7 and a boy teddy we dont kno how old he is as we found him vet said around 4 or 5 years.
I dont know the best way to indroduce them?! And im not sure i should take chubby there without her injection done??
My chubby is very laid back she wears a harness n lead wen we go to the vets as she crys so much in a cat box she just wants sit on my chest. I didnt kno if i took her rand my mums on her lead n let her smell around before permanently moving there was a good idea?!

Any help appreciated

I cant have my little chubby unhappy

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For your Moms' cats sake, I would think she should get her initial series of shots done before you two move in. I believe part of the process of getting the shots is to be tested for the very things they are being immunized against.

As far as the integration goes, Here is a thread that has several links that may be helpful. 

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/311392/help-with-cat-introduction

There is a certain way to handle the exchanging of scents during integraton, so not sure if taking her over there and letting her sniff around is a good idea, really.  What I think might happen is that, again, your Moms cats will then smell her and wonder what's going on.  They will know she's been there, and wonder what the heck...where is she now, why was she there, etc etc etc. 

I'm afraid your little one MAY be unhappy for awhile, because the best bet is to keep her in one room for awhile during this entire process.  It can't be rushed.