Bones

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my 4 month old kitten is now walking funny , there is one leg that she cant stand nor walk on is it due to playing or should i worry please i am so worried what should i do

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did take her i could not handle the worry the vet massaged her 4 legs and diagnosed them she didn’t meow or feel pain once , so the vet said she just wanted ou attention but she never does that so im thinking this is not it so we are keeping a close eye in her and mot letting her jump or play rough

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did take her to another vet today he suggested medications with vitamins and calcium for her bones but also found nothing wrong with her leg but im still worried this is not enough , can calcium deficiency cause her to limp like that ?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has she recently had vaccinations? There is a form of the calicivirus that causes limping and kittens often develop this symptom after a vaccination. It usually lasts 3 or 4 days.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did either of the vets take x-rays?

My cat broke his leg and my vet didn't feel anything with an external exam. She offered to x-ray but said she wouldn't recommend it because he didn't respond to pressure on the leg or moving it. I said yes to x-rays and it turned out his leg was broken. Just how it had broken wasn't immediately apparent to touch or sight because of the positioning.

Last edited:

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The limping is still there but mot like when it started and it has been a long time since her last vaccination, i feed her cooked chicken and wet kitten food these are usually her main food, she is not a fan of dry food but i always leve it out for her , and i always feel
Like i am not feedimg her right i dont know , i asked for an xray but the vet said if it was briken she would be in more pain and atleast meow or cringe when her touched her leg ,

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

This was my cats leg. The vet touched, lightly twisted and pressed along the entire length. He didn't flinch, didn't snap, didn't pull away, didnt make a sign lease sound, nothing. He's a tough guy and even when the wire from his surgery was coming out later he showed no sign of pain at all. Cats.

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for hinting this to me , i will ask for a scan i will just wait for another day to put her under observation

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Any vet worth their salt would know that cats are experts at hiding pain.

We had a cat that broke his leg at 4 months and the only indication of pain was that he'd hold it up slightly. Aside from that, he'd run around being his regular kitten self; no crying, no biting, no bad attitude. I'd get the x-ray.