Bombay? ASD? Mix? Confused...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mag753

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She does have the distinctive Bombay Cat purr...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there! 

She is beautiful!! Without knowing her linage or having any papers, it's hard to say for sure but the vast majority of cats are NOT purebreeds. She would be classified as a domestic shorthair. The Bombay has a more rounded head with a shorter muzzle. 

Here is the Cat Fancier's Association breed page on the Bombay for more information. She is a very beautiful girl regardless of what you classify her as. I adore black cats. I have 3 of them. 

http://cfa.org/Breeds/BreedsAB/Bombay.aspx

babyhuffman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know, but she is very gorgeous and regal appearing. I'd say no matter what she is, she will give you years of love and entertainment. Sit back and enjoy or get up and play!

mag753

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is stunning and we love her, that's our baby girl, we have her since she was a kitten four years ago.
And is always fun having her around, I really don't mind if she's not a purebreed, it was just curiosity.
But she will always be my little black panther :)
Thank you!

mag753

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awwwwe he's cute black as night :)

babyhuffman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first baby Taz was solid black with long thick hair. He was absolutely beautiful. He actually was the only cat I picked myself. I love black cats too!

zandi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  I agree that black cats look good. I can't help but admire the photography though. Great sharp clear photos. I can't seem to get it right with Spike but I don't mind practicing (and practicing etc.)

jennabengal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He looks like a domestic short hair, doesn't have the Bombay face or eyes

babyhuffman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I'm not sure what Baby is. I've been told she looks like a Nebelung mix, but I'm just not sure. Any guesses anyone? It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things because I love her and of course she's quite happy with me. I can tell you that she talks up a storm, prefers me to anyone else, plays like there's no tomorrow, and prefers to keep her distance when company comes over.

If anyone has any idea of what breed Baby could be, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: