Boil in my ear

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope im posting in right place..This aint about my boy Snowball this time...Its myself...I have what I think is a boil in my ear...My ear dont hurt...But if I touch boil ..its tender n painful...when I touch it ...its not way down in ear..its like I can see it with a mirror..And if I dont touch it...Its like stinging n once in a bit it will pain some...Its like alot of pressure..Ive already contacted my DR...Anyone have any home remedies til I get to Dr.appt???Or does this sound like a boil...TIA FOR ANY HELP...And YES I feel BAD....Uncomfortable n cant REST...Just came about in LAST couple DAYS..

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like a boil. I would wait for the doctor appointment. If it is a boil it may burst and drain before your appointment. If it does I probably would still have the doctor take a look at my ear, the bacteria could well end up further down in your ear. If the ear is getting infected the doctor will be able to see the beginnings of it before you feel it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
How is your ear? Did you see doc? Maybe a trip to an Urgent Care or E.R. is needed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
How is your ear? Did you see doc? Maybe a trip to an Urgent Care or E.R. is needed
Hey...Thanks for asking...Yea I went Friday to the Dr....and gave me an antibiotic..Its doing better..Still irratation...but the boil is draining n its alot less pressure in my ear..but just started antibiotic Sat...so Dr said within few days after starting antibiotic I should feel better...He gave me (Bactrim)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boils are immensly helped by applying an almost hot, wet washcloth. This brings them to a head and they either burst or are drained by opening with a sterilized pin. There are also 'drawing salves' still available at most pharmacies like Walgreens that 'draw' the infection to the surface, great for deep splinters you can't get at too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Boils are immensly helped by applying an almost hot, wet washcloth. This brings them to a head and they either burst or are drained by opening with a sterilized pin. There are also 'drawing salves' still available at most pharmacies like Walgreens that 'draw' the infection to the surface, great for deep splinters you can't get at too.
Yes..I been using heating pad...n its been draining..And Dr told me to continue using heating pad even with the antibiotic...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear you saw the doctor and he prescribed an antibiotic as well as applying heat to drain the pressure. I hope you feel better and it clears up soon. :alright: