Bob the Himmy

dorothyb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another question about Bobby-she has trouble jumping, even very short distances, like from my desk to the window-sill (about half a foot.) She's OK with jumping up, but not across. Is this normal? I'm starting to think Bob's a mutant-love her to bits anyway.

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How old is Bobby? If still a kitten, this is normal. (I must have missed whatever other postings you've posted).

Warmly,

Julie O'

Originally Posted by DorothyB

Another question about Bobby-she has trouble jumping, even very short distances, like from my desk to the window-sill (about half a foot.) She's OK with jumping up, but not across. Is this normal? I'm starting to think Bob's a mutant-love her to bits anyway.

biscuity

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DorothyB

If this is an adult cat, you need to visit the vet for a check-up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dorothyb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Bobby isn't a kitten, so she's off to the vet. She is very strange in many ways-my vet has found nothing seriously wrong, thank God, and many of her strange ways, we put down to her being a rescue cat. So it's often something, but until now, more that she's eccentric than anything else. I've just never had a Himmy before, so lots of questions for more experienced owners.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himmys are part Persian. Persians aren't very agile cats.They don't jump as well as other breeds.