Blue point or lillac point?

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought my little siamese boy Sheamus nov 30 2014 and the lady I bought him from said he was a blue point. I have had him for almost 2 weeks and since he has been with us he has gotten lighter in colour.  now is mum was a chocolate point siamese and his da was a red tabby point siamese both parents were beautiful and talkative but I have hardly heard a peep out of him other then the odd meow ( I have only heard him meow 2 times and he

did "growl" at my fiance the first monday we had him when my fiance came home lol)

SO WHAT COLOUR IS HE? IS HE A BLUE POINT OR LILAC POINT?

Last edited by a moderator:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He is too cute ! :clap: :D

What a gorgeous boy ! :heart3:

I was once told by a Siamese breeder that the way to tell the difference between a blue and lilac is to look at the paw pads. ;)

Blue points have blue paw pads
Lilac points have lavender pink paw pads

I'm not sure how true this is though :bigthumb:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have read around on the net that same thing and if it rings correct my boys paw pads or a pinky blue grey so he would fall under lilac I'm taking him to a vet not this sat but the following sat so I will see what the vet thinks (if he has ever seen a siamese anyway xP) and thank you is really is pretty isn't he? until u meet him and he digs is claws into ur bum so he can watch u jump up and scream lol he has done that to me my fiance and my fiances sister lol

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
? until u meet him and he digs is claws into ur bum so he can watch u jump up and scream lol he has done that to me my fiance and my fiances sister lol
Be happy you dont have tails.  Otherwise we would bite into them, preferably when you are sleeping.  So are they doing with friendly adult cats.    :)

So did our younger resident when kitten, biting his father, a  big massive stud.     :)   - Russian blues both of them.

The father was very kind to not say much, but you can of course yell, and talk seriously, and show you arent appreciating this very much.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been doing all I can short of a spray bottle of water to get him to stop biting and using his claws on us he's normally gentle with me now it's just getting him that way with other people. Sadly my boy did not have siblings as they all died during birth and mum rejected him after about 3-4 weeks so he has a lot to learn still because of that. I'm trying to get him to use his cat tree that we spent a small fortune on but he will not use it he likes the sofa to much even tho we say now and take him off of it!.