Blue Met the Neighbors

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was helping my neighbors shift some huge big heavy terracotta plant pots out of their trailer into position beside their driveway and Blue had followed me and was sitting on top of a rock protesting loudly that I was off our property and in his terms out of bounds. I told him to shush up and he then started these low grumbles so I talked back to him saying its OK and he was talking back.
My neighbors who are a no pet people kept saying he talks to you, thats amazing..then Blue jumped off the rock into the trailer and yelled into my face that he wasn't happy about me being there..it was so demanding and clear in meaning I had to laugh. He then got an attack of the zoomies and started tearing around their garden like a mad thing. The neighbors were watching with mouths open..lol
We finished shifting the pots and I called Blue (he was in the bushes and trees on the other side by then)..he answered with his contact meows and came running to me then I walked back with the cat galloping ahead tail all fluffed up trying to be the first to get home.
Later on I went down to see how they went filling the pots and putting the trees in and got a barrage of questions about cats and about Blue and how to train and keep cats and all the breeds and how Blue behaved and come when called. Told them if they are going to take on a cat like Blue you are going to have to spend a lot of time and energy on it and you are taking on something that is going cause large changes in your family life and things will get broken, curtains torn and generally your house turned upside down.
I said do a lot of research first before doing anything.
Didn't phase them one bit.
I think Blue and I dispelled a lot of myths about cats to these people and we are going to have a new cat in our street very soon and pretty sure its going to be another Bengal..lol.