Blue bottom cans

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh! my Farmina quail and pumpkin is back in stock, but with a new blue bottom! What “can” this mean? :biggrin: Is it merely a new form of packaging? But then why some of the flavors of it 40DA99E5-B29D-4CE5-A04D-CFB0467F761A.jpeg and not others?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

New packaging

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
So I opened up one of these new cans and went: “Uh oh.” The meat looked off, maybe b/c there is more air/room in the can for it to settle to the bottom. I did a small test run on Zorro who puked it right back up, should have trusted my instincts. However, the old style cans are fresh, loved by the cat. Will have to see how this plays out. When I called the company they said they were switching to blue to “match their logo.” 🧐 I might be shopping for a new brand if this keeps up. Arg.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe a bad reaction to the blue? I have stopped buying farmina and buy orijen canned instead. One of the few foods my cat rarely throws up is their chicken with duck. If the meats only chicken she vommits

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Reaaally wish this company would go back to the old quail and pumpkin. It’s just plain different now, and the blue bottom allows more air in, so it dries out before it’s even open. Why did they mess with it? I held my breath and ordered Evanger’s holistic grain free quail. No soy. Here’s hoping.

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah maybe the shape makes it more likely to leech chemicals into the food idk. Never seen a can like that before. But it looks way to focused on advertising. I could be wrong but idk.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are you certain there is the same amount of food in the old cans and the blue bottom ones? Changes in labeling usually mean some change in ingredients, changes in the packaging usually means there is less food in the package. sometimes they add more water, sometimes more air.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
are you certain there is the same amount of food in the old cans and the blue bottom ones? Changes in labeling usually mean some change in ingredients, changes in the packaging usually means there is less food in the package. sometimes they add more water, sometimes more air.
Whatever it is my cat has snubbed it. We’ve moved on. Definitely looks like less of everything, except air, and less quail, with more mystery items.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Tentatively switched to Evanger’s holistic Quail dinner. Met with enthusiasm at the front end, and begging for seconds. We’ll see what the hind end has to say.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
…and exhale! Transition seems to be working! Zorro told me precisely how much pumpkin tummy topper was needed. Smooth sailing & cheaper to boot.🤞

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
…the only drawback being is that Evanger’s has a little bit too much moisture in it. I’ve actually taken to paper towelling his portions to get rid of the excess moisture before adding (just the right amount of) pumpkin. I don’t know how all of you out there with multiple kitties do it.