Bloody nose

jellycatfish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I hope you will have an answer for me.

I just realized my kitten's nose has blood on it. I wiped it as much as I could, but now the vet clinic is closed. My boyfriend suggested we could apply a little bit of Polysporin on it - I really don't know if this is OK for cats or not. I usually wouldn't even think about trying to treat my kitten myself but since the vet clinic is closed... is it a bad idea?

He always had a little hairloss around his nose (he was like that at birth) the vet said that was normal, if anything like crusts on it would appear, then it would be a reason for concern.
My boyfriend said the kitten was in the litterbox right before and he was meowing a lot, also digged a lot in it for a very long time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellycatfish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: I think he licked his nose himself and now it looks like a fine cut / scratch on the junction of his nose and his fur. Should I do something about it or let it be?

mammacat9404

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello! first I wanna say your kitten is super cute!
 and since you said its a fine cut.. if I where you I wouldn't apply anything to the cut.. I would just clean it with mild soap water. cats have their own way of taking care of themselves, since its a minor cut, just keep an eye on it. and clean it every now and then. your kitty should be fine!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellycatfish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I'll clean it up later with a wet cloth - he's such a good kitty used to us doing whatever we want to his face (when I got him he had an eye infection so we had to handle him to treat him a lot!)

Since I had myself wiped the blood I thought it was a lot more serious since the wound looked bigger. I was just scared of the cut to get infected.

Thank you, I love him very much :)