Blood Test Results, Will Survive?

White wild cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys. Today I did blood test for my cat and the doc said he may have corona virus or another virus which I don't remember the name he did what he did call it combo test which is 2 virus test then he said you don't need more virus test because the treatment will be same and I felt he know that the cat doesn't have chance but he will do what he can do to help. But he said he has blood infection

So he recommended to keep the cat in hospital for 15 days but I couldn't handle the charges I choosed 2 days only and if he show good signs I will continue the treatment in home, I wanted to treat him in home and keep him away from hospital because it's expensive but I felt 2 days might be good idea at least he's a doc .

He put him on antibiotic which called doxo something can't remember and b12 shots and other medecine I dont know the names.

Now I just want to know can he survive with this condition? Did you have any cat that survived from same or similar health problems?

And Do you have any advice for this problem?

IMG_٢٠١٨٠٣١١_١٤٢٨٣٠.jpg
IMG_٢٠١٨٠٣١١_١٤٢٧٥٢.jpg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry your cat appears to be so ill and you aren't getting the help you need from a Vet (from reading your other thread. Unfortunately, WE are not vets, so cannot tell you what is wrong with him, let alone tell you whether or not he will survive :alright:.

The one thing I can tell you from looking at his bloodwork is that it appears he is quite Anemic. Was that mentioned? Now I could be wrong, because as I said, I'm not a Vet, but my father was anemic and his HCT and HGB ran slightly on the low side. Your guy's numbers are WAY low :frown:. Here is an article on feline bloodwork that may be of help: Overview of Feline Bloodwork

Do you have any more paperwork that might indicate exactly what the Vet though was wrong with him? And exactly what medications they put him on? And what that 15 day stay would cover? That might give us more clues as what they think is going on.

Does he go outside? It's possible he's picked up some sort of parasite. Could he have been bitten by a tick? If that is at all a possibility, then here is another article that may be helpful: Ticks and Your Cat | Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

White wild cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry your cat appears to be so ill and you aren't getting the help you need from a Vet (from reading your other thread. Unfortunately, WE are not vets, so cannot tell you what is wrong with him, let alone tell you whether or not he will survive :alright:.

The one thing I can tell you from looking at his bloodwork is that it appears he is quite Anemic. Was that mentioned? Now I could be wrong, because as I said, I'm not a Vet, but my father was anemic and his HCT and HGB ran slightly on the low side. Your guy's numbers are WAY low :frown:. Here is an article on feline bloodwork that may be of help: Overview of Feline Bloodwork

Do you have any more paperwork that might indicate exactly what the Vet though was wrong with him? And exactly what medications they put him on? And what that 15 day stay would cover? That might give us more clues as what they think is going on.

Does he go outside? It's possible he's picked up some sort of parasite. Could he have been bitten by a tick? If that is at all a possibility, then here is another article that may be helpful: Ticks and Your Cat | Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine

:vibes::vibes::vibes:
Yes the vet said he's anemic and gave him b12 and other medications and electrolytes. This is the best vet I can find I don't know if he got bitten. But he said we need to do blood work again After the medication course. To be honest I felt he want money and money and money. I did my best I don't know what more I can do for him hopefully he became fine.

Thank you.