Blood stains where cat has been laying?

Serenityinaz12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat lays at the end corner of the bed a lot and tonight I noticed what looked like a dried blood spot or something. There are a few other smaller marks also. This is the third time I’ve seen this appear seems to happen maybe once every 1-2 months. I didn’t think much about it before but this is the 3rd time now. I’ve tried to look at him and can’t see anything bleeding anywhere. He was constipated earlier today then had a big poop but I don’t know when this spot appeared. I’m not even certain it is blood.

Anyone have any ideas or see this before? The previous 2 times looked just like this also. He’s acting totally normal.

Attachments

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don’t know where that would be coming from but it could possibly be from the urethra. He is able to urinate, right? I am sure you have checked him everywhere for any injuries including nails and under the tail as well as him mouth?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the best thing to do is to carefully check him all over. Somehow you will also have to check his mouth, watch for yawns. If he can eat hard treats or food without difficulty, that should be OK. If his stool is somewhat hard, or he is straining, he may very well be constipated and bleeding from the straining. I would definitely inform the vet of this the next checkup he has, and show him those pictures. As long as it doesn't get worse, more, and more often. you might try a 1/4 teaspoon of Miralax beaten in some lickable treat, like Delectable Lickables in the stew flavors. Call and ask the vet first. or give him a teaspoon full of butter, that helps my cats. As long as he eats, is sociable, and is not hiding, it shouldn't be too serious, but have him checked to ease yoru mind. All the luck!

Aileen666

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat lays at the end corner of the bed a lot and tonight I noticed what looked like a dried blood spot or something. There are a few other smaller marks also. This is the third time I’ve seen this appear seems to happen maybe once every 1-2 months. I didn’t think much about it before but this is the 3rd time now. I’ve tried to look at him and can’t see anything bleeding anywhere. He was constipated earlier today then had a big poop but I don’t know when this spot appeared. I’m not even certain it is blood.

Anyone have any ideas or see this before? The previous 2 times looked just like this also. He’s acting totally normal.
I would take him to the vet. She the pics. My cat was having very tiny blood speckles in the bathtub after drinking. I looked all in her mouth , paws, butt wondering where the heck it was coming from. Took her to Dr. it was fleas !

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My late cat use to get a runny eye and this is sort of what the drips would look like on the floor, like a reddish brown. It's hard for me to tell from the photos on my computer, but are you absolutely sure it is blood? Perhaps it is something like what my cat had?