Blood On Toy?

Samantha1242

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I should use the word "toy" lightly as it was actually a toilet paper roll he snagged and ran through the house flailing about... lol.. but when I grabbed it back I noticed there was some blood where he had chomped down on the toilet paper.. should I be concerned?

1.5 year old male rescue kitty. indoor. perfect health in late november before adoption. still eating and drinking.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did u check his mouth and surrounding areas? May have just irritated his gums or pokes a spot on his face to cause bleeding. But if you cant find anything actively bleeding and he’s acting fine just keep watch and make sure it stays that way.
Btw my Penny loves to destroy tp rolls too. She will grab a loose one out of the bag are run with it and destroy it right in front of me. I keep them in a cabinet now so she cant get to them lol.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may have cut his gum a little on the cardboard. Or even pulled a tooth loose trying to get it off. The tooth will retighten in time. try to look when he is relaxed, just pull his lip up. Are his gums red and inflamed at all? I get a water additive for my cats to prevent tooth plaque buildup, it is called Oratene and I buy it on Amazon. I have never had a problem with my cat's teeth over the years. It is the only one they don't detect in the water. You might give him some dental 'treats' once in a while too, but not until you see if he has a loose tooth. All the luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Samantha1242

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both for response. I tried to check his mouth and gums but he wasn't super keen on that this morning. Ill try again later this evening when he is in sleepy mode.

That oratene sounds interesting! Thanks. Ill have to check it out. Dental treats are a good idea too :)