Blood in urine vet can't find anything wrong!

Jackie&Louise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! My poor cat Jackie has been peeing outside of her litterbox for nearly a year and often times there is blood in her urine. The amount of urine varies. Sometimes it's a normal amount, sometimes she only squeezes out a few drops.
We've been to the vet numerous times. They've tested her urine: No crystals, no infections. We've done sonograms: no stones. We ran full panel of bloodwork: everything normal. Shes been on prescription urinary food for over 6 months, no change. Feliway plug-ins in every room.
The only thing the vet can come up with is chronic inflammation due to stress but there didn't seem to be any effect when given anti inflammatories. But if it is stress related, I didn't want to keep dragging the poor girl to the vet, there is nothing more stressful than that.
Have any of you dealt with this? Any ideas? I am researching new vets for another opinion. I need to get this solved, it breaks my heart.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Just a quick question for clarification - did these sonograms/ultrasounds include her urethra and kidneys, and not just the bladder? The issue could be farther up the urinary tract, if they didn't. You could also check with your vet about consulting with a vet university to see if they might catch something your vet did not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jackie&Louise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
FeebysOwner, great question...I thought it was everything but now I'm not sure. I will call and ask the vet. Thank you!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am sorry that you and your cat are going through this and, yes, it does require more investigation. First get an answer to the question asked by FeebysOwner FeebysOwner , have that discussion, and then go on from there.

The first pic is a decent amount of blood, concerningly.

I have an elderly GSD who passes blood on a somewhat regular basis but it was determined that the blood is not from the bladder.