Blood In Stool :/

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Waiting at the vet. Just took sample to see what they say.
She is the one who has been getting bullied by the other cats. But working on it. She is getting better at going to the litter box.
I'm worried it's because of stress. :/

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Good luck at the vet!!! Blood in stool can be a whole host of things; so depending on her history, I hope the vet is not 'stingy' in running tests. Let us know what they say!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi. Good luck at the vet!!! Blood in stool can be a whole host of things; so depending on her history, I hope the vet is not 'stingy' in running tests. Let us know what they say!!
No i sometimes hate my local vet. They only checked for parasites and said that's all they can do with a fecal test. I feel like i wasted $12. UGh money has been so tight lately. Always something with my cats. I will keep an eye on it and have to take her in if it continues. They said she didnt see any blood. i know there was some on the top. I hate when they blame dyes in the food. Blood is like oil and water.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If it happens again, and you see blood, take the stool - with the blood - to them, and ask "So, then, what IS this?"

If there is relevant information in your previous post - insert a link here too, so other members can see it.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, I feel so overwhelmed lately. Not sure if its stress or age of the cats.
This past year. 2nd half really is taking a toll on me. :(
Thought I saw blood in mittens stool. Vet so negative for parasites and didn't see blood. Now I just cleaned boxes. When Ebony goes in. So I wait to scoop and she poops and drips a drop of blood on the floor. :/
It's a holiday weekend.
I assume there are many reasons for blood in the stool. What does the vet usually do/check when this happens?

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ebony went in the box and dripped blood on the floor. :/ I'm just so overwhelmed right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. There could be a number of different causes. Take a look at this article and see if you glean anything from it.

Causes of Blood in a Cat Stool

A fecal sample with the blood - if you could get a 'clean' one -could be taken to a vet for testing. But, the vet would likely want to take a blood sample as well.

I think you need to find an emergency vet that is open and you should take Ebony in for an evaluation. Some vets have a referral on their phone answering service for a related emergency vet - call and see if yours does.

LuxBear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Toyger has had this issue on and off through the years. He’s been seen by a vet on three different occasions for it. Same as you say, drop of blood outside of the box, but he also had blood on the end of his stool. The vets told me he was parasite free and didn’t see any injuries. I was told it’s a very vascular area and he could have tiny tears from straining to pass a harder stool. Once I switched him to a mainly wet diet it cleared up and I haven’t seen it happen in months.

See a vet and get confirmation it’s not any sort of parasite or injury and to also be sure it’s not from the urinary system. Good luck and please share what your vet finds!