Blood In Poop Cat Excessive Meowing And Signs Of Pain

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I am so so so upset. I don’t know where to start. I’ve just come home from a break (husband was home looking after our 6 months old kitten Mushky) to find her constantly rolling on her back, rubbing her legs together and meowing in pain

I found stool (hard) outside her litter with a slight red tinge. It is midnight here and in our town we do not have vets open at this time. I am in a terrible state. I don’t know what to do. Please please help. What is wrong with her?

I will take her to the vets first thing tomorrow - if one is open on a Sunday.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you call the vet's number does their voicemail provide a 24-hour emergency contact number?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No we don’t have emergency vets. I’m very worried that maybe today (Sunday) we may not be able to contact the vet to. I really am helpless right now. She is in constant pain

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did your husband see her eat anything or do anything she wasn't supposed to? Will she eat anything now? like some fish oil that won't do any other harm, to try and ease her stomach lining?

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I left a strict menu for my husband to follow. He says he followed it all through, if that is the case there was no change to her diet. She is eating and drinking without a problem. She ate her favourite wet food without a problem. I put a teaspoon of olive oil in

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's so good to hear that she's eating! Hopefully the oil will help her to feel more comfortable.

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She seems slightly better now however she still meows in a complete different tone to her own. I can only interpret this as she’s in pain. She was meowing by the second at first which has since quitened by far!

She is now cleaning herself and will occasionally meow in pain. I really cannot believe all of that last night was her in pain because she was constipated. I have never seen her like that

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she keeps getting better, cleaning herself sounds like a good sign as well. We're sending lots of good thoughts your way!

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much!

I hate sounding stupid but is there a chance she’s on heat! I’ve been researching for hours (I really know nothing about cats) and have just read about cats on heat behaving similar. She is licking her area constantly, rubbing her legs together and loudly meowing! I am hoping this is the issue!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
By the way, you aren't stupid one little bit! The thing that was odd was the poo, somewhat confusing to me.

aprilc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much!

I hate sounding stupid but is there a chance she’s on heat!
This is where my mind went. Absolutely at 6 months she could be in heat! She isn’t spayed, right.

Good test. Rub her back right down by her tail - sort of almost where the back ends and the tail starts. If she sticks her bottom way up and lowers her head that is a pretty good indication she is in heat.

They meow like they are crying and talking at the same time, roll all around and generally act ridiculous. She may also pee on things.

kirathecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a cat in heat to me as well, my parent’s cat went in heat around that age. There was a ton of meowing and licking. I hope that’s all there is. Keep us posted :catrub:

Mabo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I'm very very sorry for the late reply! I only just realised their were replies. Thankfully she was in heat! Since then she has been spayed! Thankyou for your replies :)