Blood in Pee Pad

Majin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I have a 1.5 year old neutered male.

I was cleaning out his litter box this morning but when I pulled his pee pad out from the bottom of the box I noticed there was a small bit of blood. Not a lot, but enough that I could see a light hue of pink in the pee and a couple of the white litter pellets had a little blood on them.

He’s been acting completely fine, so you wouldn’t think he’s had any troubles based off his behaviour.

He’s an indoor cat, so I don’t think he could have really gotten into anything strange.

I’m monitoring him now and I plan on checking his pee pad frequently to see if it was a one time thing or if it is going to keep happening but what do you guys think? Should I bring him into the vet ASAP? :( My poor little guy

LuxBear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, I have a 1.5 year old neutered male.

I was cleaning out his litter box this morning but when I pulled his pee pad out from the bottom of the box I noticed there was a small bit of blood. Not a lot, but enough that I could see a light hue of pink in the pee and a couple of the white litter pellets had a little blood on them.

He’s been acting completely fine, so you wouldn’t think he’s had any troubles based off his behaviour.

He’s an indoor cat, so I don’t think he could have really gotten into anything strange.

I’m monitoring him now and I plan on checking his pee pad frequently to see if it was a one time thing or if it is going to keep happening but what do you guys think? Should I bring him into the vet ASAP? :( My poor little guy
Oh no! Not good at all. My vote is vet ASAP. I have a boy with urinary issues and they can very concerning and need treatment as soon as there’s indication of an issue. Even though he is not acting off or showing he is in pain, cats are masters at hiding even the worst of conditions until it’s too late. Blood in urine can indicate a lot of things but especially with a male cat (which are prone to urethral blockages and bladder crystals) he needs to be examined to determine the cause. Usually with a bit of antibiotics and a steroid the issue can be cleared up quickly. Have him examined and tested to be on the safe side! Hope your boy gets better soon!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He does not have to have gotten into anything to have blood in his urine or kidneys. There are a number of causes ranging from UTI to blockages and crystals, so getting to the vet is the best idea.