Bloated Tummy, Kitten 6 Months Old

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I have a kitten Simba he’s 6 months old!
Hes very playful and he eats well and litter box is normal but I just gave him a bath a I noticed that his stomach was a little bloated I was thinking maybe it’s because he just ate but it’s kind of hard! I took a picture and stretched him out a bit, so you guys can get a good idea of what I’m talking about! Should I be frantic and run to the vet or do you think it’s fairly normal ! Get back to me, thanks so much.

Attachments

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to The Cat Site! :welcomesign:

See what his tummy looks like in the morning. Sometimes, when kittens are about to go through a growth spurt, they can get chubby and then slim back down.

He is eating/drinking/playing/litterboxing normally, yes? Has he been dewormed? Have you noticed his tummy swelling before?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi and welcome to The Cat Site! :welcomesign:

See what his tummy looks like in the morning. Sometimes, when kittens are about to go through a growth spurt, they can get chubby and then slim back down.

He is eating/drinking/playing/litterboxing normally, yes? Has he been dewormed? Have you noticed his tummy swelling before?
Yes he has I gave him Panacur as soon as I noticed he was bloating a bit, I noticed it about a couple of weeks ago but as soon as I gave him a bath I noticed it even more, I gave it to both my cats for about 5 days now...

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Vets have told me in a past to deworm them every now and then to prevent it.. so as soon as I saw that I figured it could be worms.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you should take him in, just to be safe. Tummy bloating could be anything from harmless to very bad. The fact that he is till eating and playing are all good signs! If it helps, Dexter (my kitten) just...got fat. He still looks bloated to me, but it's just his normal. I took him in and paid a good chunk of money for the vet to tell me that he's just fat...lol!

Is he gassy? What are you feeding him?

Also, why did you bathe him? Does he go outside?

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haha yeah he has a appointment on Saturday I just wanted everyone’s opinion before I did a emergency visit which is like 190$ extra which I’m trying to save ! But I gave him a bath because the worm medication said at the end of it your supposed to spray everything down (which instead I bought a new liter box) and I washed their behinds just Incase of reinfection! Neither of my cats got outside !
And I feed him different kinds of food ( blue wilderness, royal canine, back country) I tend to give him a variety Becuase he gets fed up with having the same food!

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes most definitely I will reply back on Saturday and let you know ! And I know all my cats are orange I had a regular orange domestic tabby kitten, and a orange Siberian they are both amazing and I love them thank you so much for your help ! Means so much !

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does he eat a decent amount and seem interested in playing?
He eats really well! Everytime I give him food he finishes it all and will eat hard food like 5-6 bites and come back to eat more later on he drinks well too.. and he will nap her and their and then when he’s playing he’s extremly active.. he runs around the whole house jumping on the bed, jumping on his cat tree..

Simbaforest

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He eats really well! Everytime I give him food he finishes it all and will eat hard food like 5-6 bites and come back to eat more later on he drinks well too.. and he will nap her and their and then when he’s playing he’s extremly active.. he runs around the whole house jumping on the bed, jumping on his cat tree..
Also I wanted to add he eats 2-3 times a day and I always leave a little bit of hard food out and when i see its gone I add a little bit more and so on.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s a good sign! Good luck with your vet appointment