Bleu's Acting Strange

Wednesday Bleu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I'm Wednesday, the owner of Bleu:blackcat:, she's going to be 1 year old next week and today she wouldn't eat or drink. She threw up a few hours ago and I bought her one of her favorite wet foods. I was going to try beechnut chicken flavored baby food because it has no onions/garlic but they were out :eviltongue: I really want her to feel better and she hasn't really been acting like herself. She never leaves a plate with food on it which is the most concerning :( she's never thrown up before and she's always up acting like a kitten and bouncing around but she's just been following me and sleeping in whatever room I'm in.
She looks like her normal self but we can tell she isn't feeling well by the way she's acting. Before she threw up she let out a few very distinctive, LOUD meows and very little hair came out despite the fact that she literally finds her shedded hair and eats it :cringe:
please help me :frustrated::please::help:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She could have a hairball. If she doesn't eat in the morning, get her to the vet immediately. Is she using the box and drinking water? You can also feed Gerber meat baby food. It doesn't have any garlic or onions either, but it does have corn starch. Beech Nut doesn't have corn starch. Chicken or turkey go over will with my crew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wednesday Bleu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is using her box but no water. I looked in the gerber ingredients at the store but it did contain onion powder. It might not have been the right flavor. They only had chicken and rice.

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has a hairball. I have 2 cats that "announce" their hair balls like your bleu. It's good notice as cats always seem to run to a carpet to spit up a hairball. I chase mine around with a paper plate. you can buy some hairball remedy and give that to her and see if that might help her pass it. I'd try to encourage her to drink water as well. Usually dry food that has more fiber is better for passing hairballs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wednesday Bleu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay. She's sleeping on her face currently :p she's really tired and made some trilling noises a second ago when I got up to use the toilet :lol: Thank you so much both of you :hearthrob: I really want her to feel better! Guess we'll have to wait and see! She went to the carpet to barf (of course) I did actually chase her with a plate but she proceeded to vomit on the stairs :alright::worship:I hope she eats and drinks and it all goes back to normal. Maybe she'll cough up another one tonight lol. In a weird way I kinda hope so ;)