Blast from the past

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feel privileged (sp?) I usually don't show people my "fat" pictures...or else I have to kill them.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW Debby! What a change! I have to say you're absolutely beautiful!

I think some of us are just late bloomers in life & I understand how you felt years ago when kids are so cruel. I too was picked on non stop for several years & finally my senior year in HS, it stopped. It's quite funny now that I've been running into those snots that always picked on me (calling me fat or ugly) & I find it quite ironic when they start flirting with me. They act like I don't remember those hurtful comments & I don't give them the time of day! If they only knew how much it affected me all those years, they wouldn't THINK about chit chatting with me!

Once again Debby, you look fabulous!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here ya go Debby...don't feel bad, I'm sharing a fat picture too!

I hope to God that I NEVER look like THAT again!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sicy, you were THE CUTEST little girl. What a little doll you were! Debby, I think you're beautiful, and you were adorable as a child, as well. Shell, what can I say.... You always look beautiful to me. I think you look a lot like you did as a child.

abby7625

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Debby, you look like a girl that I was best friends with in grade school in that picture when you were 13...In fact the picture made me think of her immediately and smile. I stood up for her alot against teasers and I know how awful it can make a person feel. It still makes me furious to see a kid being made fun of. I think you look cute as everything and you grew up to be very pretty!

I love all these pictures!! I have a picture of me with the 90's BIG hair, will look and find it..I swear my hair is 3 feet wide! lol

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shell...even in the pic where you were a bit heavier you were still beautiful....but it's hard isn't it....people keep judging us by what we used to look like and it's so hard to keep looking like we do now...part of us wants to say screw it and just eat eat eat and be happy.
Am I right???? I hate being judged by what I look like since my looks have been on all sides of the spectrum, I KNOW how it feels to be the outcast...and then to have people only pay attention to you once they find you attractive. I know what you mean about those jerks in school who wouldn't give you the time of day and now flirt with you....I want to say....you didn't give me a second look in school...so why start now??? I am the same dang person on the inside, and I always will be! And really....what do looks matter??? When I am 80, I want someone by my side who I can laugh with and enjoy life with...not who has money or is good looking for pete's sake.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though it was a bit of a retarded movie, I think that "Shallow Hal" hits it on the head. The real beauty is on the inside, but our society has become soooo obsessed with the outer package. Just look at all the cosmetic surgery being done.

Now people, quick post your pics from the past before this becomes an IMO topic (or somebody open it over there.)

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's mine: spring 1968. I was 10 years old and in fifth grade. Been trying to get my hair back to that color, for 20 years and haven't quite succeeded. For the picture, I left off my glasses. This was when my parents were breaking up, so no smile, either.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's an early one. I miss my natural blond hair!

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ROTFL!! This thread is so cute! OK, I found a few pics to share, too.....

Me Easter egg hunting Circa 1969 - I'm not sure why I look so stunned, lol! I just thought the dress was cute. I look like a dinner bell..

Me and me twin brother Ken - 1967 - I'm the big one

My high school picture - 1985. Talk about an 80's Doo - Eeeeeeeek!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh My- Debbie, I love your hair!! Hey and don't worry about getting teased when you were overweight, in grade school kids used to call me Mary Moose. Kids can be so cruel sometimes.

Cindy even back then there is a certain maturity on that young gal's face.

Hey Kim how long did you wear braces? I had them 2 and a half years. I used to shoot those rubber bands at my classmates!

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Hey Kim how long did you wear braces? I had them 2 and a half years. I used to shoot those rubber bands at my classmates!
Hey MA - I wore braces for about 4 years (I hated them) I remember shooting the rubber bands, too - LOL!! Too funny! Amazing I wasn't expelled!

Sicy - I just love you baby picture in that cute little dress. Looks like you were born to dance, girlfriend! SO CUTE!

Debby - I think you are just gorgeous, my dear! As far as being teased about being overweight - In middle school the guys used to call me "Buddah Butt" (Whatever the heck that MEANT!) I'm sure they were mocking my "full" figure. Duh! Kids can be so mean -- In my adult life, I haven't anyone make such cruel remarks.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of these days, I need to get together with my parents and go through 40+ years of photos. My grandmother used to keep my baby pictures and kid pictures of Mom on the mantel. I know that Mom has those, now and I want to scan them into the computer, to preserve them. Those are the only proof that I ever wore pink, frilly dresses.

My dad's favorite picture of Mom is her high school graduation picture. Ever since they got together, he's kept it beside his bed.

Some of my old pictures, I'd just as soon stay lost. There was the one, from second grade: horrible perm and missing front teeth. Ghastly!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Deb, I forgot to say I loved the pic of you as a young girl! And Hissy, Cindy and Kim, those pics are soo cute! And everyone else who posted, I have enjoyed all the beautiful pictures. It makes me feel like I know you all better!
The struggle with my weight is constant. I look so different the minute I gain weight...especially in my face. It gets round very easily!
I am still on the Aitkins diet, I need to lose some more, although I'm proud of myself for losing most of the weight I gained in pregnancy. When Brent and I got married I was a size 3...not anymore!!!! But then again, I was 28 then and had just lost 40 lbs!!! I don't think I looked very healthy back then either...I actually thought it was cool that you could see my ribs!