Bladder Cancer

cats5

Nicky
Adult Cat
Purraise
To my sorrow when I went to the vet yesterday to have Mr. Topaz rechecked for a UA issue he had. When they expressed his bladder, they discovered a mass & after x-rays & ultrasound, they are pretty sure it is bladder cancer & my heart is just broken. He's over 15 yrs old now & I had no idea that he had this as he appears to be the same cat he always has been. Eating good & acting normal so this was very shocking news to hear. Upon expressing his bladder, he did still have some slight traces of blood in his urine & I really thought he was better as he had finished his antibiotics & appeared to be back to normal. The only thing I did notice was that on occasion, he would sit in his kitty box for awhile but he did urinate. My vet said that was probably because he felt that mass in his bladder & that made him feel like he still had to go. He gave me some Prednisone to start him on for several days but he did not recommend surgery but did suggest possible chemo treatments. But I'm just not going to put him thru that kind of hell for the remainder of his life as quality of life is very important even so I hate the thought that I will lose my sweet boy. I did order some cancer supplements from Native Remedies that had some really great reviews & thought it sure would not hurt to try & maybe it will help extend his life some. Gosh, it seems like something always happens around the holidays when it comes to my babies. Has anyone else been thru this with there cats & have any suggestions or feedback????

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have any ideas on what to do or where to turn, but I'm really sorry to hear what you and your kitty are going through. I hope you have people around you to help you through this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats5

Nicky
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, so far Mr. Topaz seems to be doing ok & still eating good, thank GOD. I'm trying him on some PetAlive C-Caps & Energy Tonic which is for cats with cancer. Plus, I just ordered some homeopathic remedies which had some really great reviews to hopefully buy him some more time in comfort. That's all I can really do but to keep him comfortable & hopefully the homeopathic remedies will extend his life. At this point, I do not have a lot of options & I will do what I can to keep my boy as long as possible.