Blackie not neutered?

clarabelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
North Mississippi, just far enough away from MELVI
Back in July I posted that I traped Blackie, my outside feral cat and had him neutered. Well I have been looking at him lately and everything looks to still be there

He let me and my husband check him out and feels like everything is still there. Which puts another question in my mind. A week in a half after he was neutered I had to take him to the Vet due to skin allergy for a shot and the Vet felt back there and said "He has not been neutered" and I said "Oh yes he has just last week" and the Vet said, "Maybe he is just swollen". Now I am thinking he was missed. I took him to a low cost Spay/Neuter Bus sponsored by the Humane Society.. So I called THAT Vet who did the Neuter and she told be to call and bring him in so she can check him. Well, I am having a problem with the appointment people calling me back.
Has anyone heard of this happening? A cat being missed? Being an outside cat and a feral it is hard to check them because they do not want you bothering them.
Clara

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clarabelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I could only get them to call me back, I want to make an appointment for this Thursday to have him checked out And take the kittens Nemo and Scramper to have them fixed.
Blackie has turned out to be a sweet cat. When he came to live with us he was sooo scared and now he is probably wondering why he spend the whole day at the Spay/Neuter Bus and nothing happened

Clara

clarabelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They have an answering machine for you to leave your name and number and they call you back..I called last Wednesday, no call back, so I called the Humane Society last Thursday and they told me I had to wait for the spay/Neuter Buss to call me, but I quickly told them my problem and the Spay/Neuter Vet just happened to be there and told me to call the answer machine back and leave another message and that she, the Vet wants to see Blackie this Thursday...still no call. I know it is all volunteers that work there even the Vet (one day a week for Spay/Neuter) but this is just crazy
and funny if you think about it.
Clara

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is quite possible he was overlooked. I volunteered for a Spay Day on a weekend and OMG talk about nuts! Cats in carriers everywhere, all feral and oh the confusion, each carrier was numbered and the clients name (on an index card) was placed on that carrier, then the carriers were lined up to wait their turn..we did over 250 cats in the weekend and some carriers had two or three cats inside even though that wasn't allowed. It was beyond hectic!

clarabelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks MA for your input and it is stressfull for the volunteers.
They finally called me back last night and could not work us in for today. But, they are scheduling us for Monday. So Blackie gets to go back again and Nemo and Scamper (inside kittens 5 months old) are going also.
When the Vet tech called me last night she asked, What makes you think Blackie was not neutered and I told her, he is as big or bigger back there than he was and my Vet checked him and told me he was not neutered. Also my other male who is 17 months old is neutered and he is flat in that area. So they are wanting to check him out. So Monday should be fun and interesting day.
Clara