Black smoke long haired kitten ?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's really hard to tell from a picture. When you lift his fur, are all the hairs white at the root? If yes, then he's a smoke.
This is what my black smoke kitty's fur looks like.
MissP_smoke1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Jdh

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous baby❤ Does look like black smoke to me too

• Love
Reactions: Jdh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jdh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has a light silvery undercoat all over except on his tail which appears solid black does this mean that he Is a black smoke colored cat or just solid black ?

Attachments

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is cute either way!!! I would describe him has grey with black paws & tail. 🤷🏻‍♀️ If I didn’t know better I would say he has some gold tones to his lighter parts.

Jdh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is adorable we are just curious about his color it’s so unique looking ❤ Here are some pics of when we first got him ❤ His mom is the tabby in the pic with him ❤

Attachments

Jdh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sometimes he just looks soood black as you can see in the pics but other times you can really see his lighter undercoat ❤

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll just have to wait and see how his coat develops! If the undercoat turns out to be white when his adult coat develops, his color is black smoke.

The terminology can be a bit confusing, because smoke cats and silver tabby cats don't have a "silver" or "smoky" gray undercoat... they have a white (or nearly white) undercoat. It's normal for black cats, especially longhaired black cats and kittens, to have a smoky gray undercoat. The reddish brown tint to your kitten's coat is also normal for black cats. This can be seasonal or a developmental phase.

Jdh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's really hard to tell from a picture. When you lift his fur, are all the hairs white at the root? If yes, then he's a smoke.
This is what my black smoke kitty's fur looks like.
View attachment 337089
Thank you for responding ❤Do you have more pics of your kitty ?