black dot on cat's chin. is this cat acne?

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This looks like acne to me? She had a plastic cone for a week after spay, the cone was often licked and bits of wet food often fell on it, despite my effort to clean them.

I tried taking it off and wash but she immediately bit her sutures, so i never really cleaned it off thoroughly. The cone is off and the stiches are already taken out. Might the cone be the cause?

Will it go away on its own or i have to give something?

IMG_20200903_172321.jpg
IMG_20200903_173531.jpg

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If the cone was causing this, it might go away on its own. But, it couldn't hurt to keep the area clean just to help the process along.
To start with, you can buy chamomile tea bags (local grocery store varieties which are almost always German, you don't want English, nor any additives/flavorings), brew a bag in water, cool the liquid, and then dab it on the area with cotton balls or a soft cloth multiples times a day. The tea has both soothing and healing properties, and it is also an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal agent. And, it is safe should she ingest any of it.

If you don't see it improving within the next couple of days, you could always send a pic of it to your vet and ask what they would recommend you treat it with. I am sure they would offer a few different OTC products you could try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi. If the cone was causing this, it might go away on its own. But, it couldn't hurt to keep the area clean just to help the process along.
To start with, you can buy chamomile tea bags (local grocery store varieties which are almost always German, you don't want English, nor any additives/flavorings), brew a bag in water, cool the liquid, and then dab it on the area with cotton balls or a soft cloth multiples times a day. The tea has both soothing and healing properties, and it is also an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal agent. And, it is safe should she ingest any of it.

If you don't see it improving within the next couple of days, you could always send a pic of it to your vet and ask what they would recommend you treat it with. I am sure they would offer a few different OTC products you could try.
I have dried chamomile coincidentally :).

I will try that, and if it get worse, i will contact my vet. Thank you

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wipe the area with a damp cloth, and when his fur is dry gently brush it once a day or so. If it’s just starting and it’s from the cone, that should keep it at bay.