Black Cats Only

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
My all black foster cat needs a new home. His name is Patrick, he is 5 years old and is considered a special needs cat as he has to have laxatives every day so he can poop. He also has a slight heart murmur but lots of cats (and people) have those and it does not impact their lives. His fur is soft like bunny fur and never tangles, he has no bad manners (no scratching of furniture or jumping on counters as he has plenty of places where he can scratch (scratching boards, poles and a climbing tower). He gets along with other cats but is very shy about strangers. He's an indoor only cat. I have had him for a very long time as black cats are hard to place, posting him on Facebook and also on this site has brought no results. You can see lots of pictures of him on "my all black foster cat needs a new home". Due to health issues I can no longer keep him and if I can't find someone who will take him I will have to consider sending him to the Big Sleep. Is there someone out there who will give this beautiful boy a forever home?
:grouphug::grouphug2: :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Yes there is, Moxie is also very gorgeous! :wink:

How she end up being in the shelter for 3~4 months is beyond me. She's 7 months old now.

Because few people in the US want black cats. An apartment in San Diego was just found with over 100 cats in it, almost all of them black, the people could not give them away and had not spayed them all so became overwhelmed with cats. They were all well taken care of but are now all but one which died in shelters. The people were asking for 6 of them and especially one of them back. That's why Moxie was in the shelter for so long. Black cats are not wanted here. Now if you live in the UK or Australia or N.Z. - there is a waiting list for black cats. Go figure.

MoxieinMaine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's true - and sad about people not wanting black cats! When I adopted Moxie, there were so many other black cats and kittens at the shelter. She was the last one left of her litter, I suspect it was because she was solid black. :( She's such a sweetheart though, which I've found with other black cats! In a way, I'm glad she was overlooked because now she's all mine to love :hearthrob:

Sammiches, your Luna is beautiful!

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'm totally aware of black cats and adoptions don't go well together but she was only a kitten barely a few months old! I thought kittens regardless of fur color would at least get a look at but she was just there for so long. I mean I'm glad that I found her but she had to stay there for a while without anyone taking her in. Makes me sad thinking it :/

My first meeting with her she was meowing at me for a while and caught my attention, I had to go to work shortly after so I spent 20+ minutes with her, she spent 20+ minutes hiding. Second time around I saw her again and she was meowing for my attention again but this time I decided to give another kitten a chance(I was actually there for a 2~3 year old cat originally) as she has the most funny sounding meow when I went up to her. She wasn't nearly as skiddish but I guess the best way I can explain it is that we didn't hit it off? Lol.

Anyways after putting her back, Luna kept trying to get my attention. This time she was much better and actually let me hold her for a few seconds before jumping off. She didn't let the SPCA staff hold her so I took that as a huge compliment and that day was when I knew I would take her home. Called in work at the last second and took 2 days off so I could stay with her at home to get her used to the place, got me in trouble there as it was the weekends but totally worth it.

Also, thanks! I'm sure Luna would appreciate the compliment.
*Edit* - A video of Luna taking your compliment :)

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'm totally aware of black cats and adoptions don't go well together but she was only a kitten barely a few months old! I thought kittens regardless of fur color would at least get a look at but she was just there for so long. I mean I'm glad that I found her but she had to stay there for a while without anyone taking her in. Makes me sad thinking it :/

My first meeting with her she was meowing at me for a while and caught my attention, I had to go to work shortly after so I spent 20+ minutes with her, she spent 20+ minutes hiding. Second time around I saw her again and she was meowing for my attention again but this time I decided to give another kitten a chance(I was actually there for a 2~3 year old cat originally) as she has the most funny sounding meow when I went up to her. She wasn't nearly as skiddish but I guess the best way I can explain it is that we didn't hit it off? Lol.

Anyways after putting her back, Luna kept trying to get my attention. This time she was much better and actually let me hold her for a few seconds before jumping off. She didn't let the SPCA staff hold her so I took that as a huge compliment and that day was when I knew I would take her home. Called in work at the last second and took 2 days off so I could stay with her at home to get her used to the place, got me in trouble there as it was the weekends but totally worth it.

Also, thanks! I'm sure Luna would appreciate the compliment.
S Sammiches - God Bless you. Three of my eleven are black cats, and they're the sweetest kitties for whom one could ever hope. Two are still a little shy, but they were ferals, not strays, and good things take time.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
lacy2000TCS MemberKitten
~ :rbheart: Love those kitty photos - Jekyll and Hyde and Fluffy ! The last one is the best . Looks like kitty has paw to mouth and whispering : "Pissst ... ! The people here think they own the place . But it really belongs to ME ."