Black Cats Only

aylaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All these long haired black kitties! 

Is there any particular breed associated with them or just "long haired domestic"?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
     There's a half wall right next to the bookcase so she jumps up on that and then on to the bookcase.  Zoe and Ozzy are my high climbers--the higher the better for them.  Hannah and Rico, not so much.  They'd rather stay closer to the ground.  
Every time I see this comment I crack up all over again;She puts on her little Super-cat cape and flies up there, and then that little flying critter - it's just too much! Thanks, @ betsygee.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

All these long haired black kitties! 

Is there any particular breed associated with them or just "long haired domestic"?
Just "DLH" domestic long hair, all of them have inherited their long hair from various lang-haired cats such as Persians, Angoras etc somewhere in their family tree..

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
     There's a half wall right next to the bookcase so she jumps up on that and then on to the bookcase.  Zoe and Ozzy are my high climbers--the higher the better for them.  Hannah and Rico, not so much.  They'd rather stay closer to the ground.  
Every time I see this comment I crack up all over again;She puts on her little Super-cat cape and flies up there, and then that little flying critter - it's just too much! Thanks, @ betsygee.

I just suddenly had this vision of how cats get to high places...  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@kittyluv387...beautiful photos. Benny looks so relaxed. 

The 'one huge arm' photo...makes me think of a bus or truck driver hanging out the window.

My son drives a big rig truck and he has learned not to hang his arm out like that because he got a growth on it and thought it might be melanoma, a deadly cancer. It turned out to be not malignant but was also told to wear long sleeves and wear sun screen under it so he won't get more of these after having had it removed. Of course Benny does not drive truck and he won't get melanoma from the sun, just saying.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

@kittyluv387...beautiful photos. Benny looks so relaxed. 

The 'one huge arm' photo...makes me think of a bus or truck driver hanging out the window.

My son drives a big rig truck and he has learned not to hang his arm out like that because he got a growth on it and thought it might be melanoma, a deadly cancer. It turned out to be not malignant but was also told to wear long sleeves and wear sun screen under it so he won't get more of these after having had it removed. Of course Benny does not drive truck and he won't get melanoma from the sun, just saying.
@segelkatt   ...thank you...this is good info to know..
...not like you said for Benny...but for all us 'human cat guardians' who drive.

I don't hang my arm out the window, and only drive a car, but I do put the windows down, to enjoy the sun...never thinking that I need sunscreen, until my one arm gets red.

So will have to remember to leave some in the car, now.  (my sister actually always puts some on, even when the windows are up...but I tend to forget.)

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is a serious warning but your last sentence made me laugh. :p. But good to hear your son is fine!

Last edited: